ADVERTISEMENT

Orange City University out of playoffs!!!

Very tough situation. I feel for the players and coaches. It seems like an honest mistake. The irony is that they would have probably made it without the ineligible player.

Lake Brantley should make the elite 8 now in my opinion.

West Orange and Apopka is still a toss up.

Lake Brantley should make the elite 8 now in my opinion.

West Orange and Apopka is still a toss up.
If Apopka can shut down Woody Barrett, they will win the rematch. If they cannot, they exit in game two. I don't want to disrespect Timber Creek, but its offensive strength plays into Apopka's defensive strength. It will be hard for them to outscore Apopka and I don't think they can shut down Apopka's offense.

This is all well and good, but let's not forget the main reason that most FL Varsity readers come to this message board. Would any of these teams have any prayer against a New Jersey school like ... say for instance ... Don Bosco Prep?

IMG beat every relevant team in NJ this year in a series of games between recruited up super teams. NJ should shut the hell up and go back to being irrelevant. There are 5 programs in Jersey worth a sh*t. Bosco, Bergen Catholic, SJR, St. Peters, and Paramus Catholic. The rest of the 300 teams are a joke. No coincidence that all of these schools are private school football factories.

Reactions: peezy28
Very tough situation. I feel for the players and coaches. It seems like an honest mistake. The irony is that they would have probably made it without the ineligible player.

I heard it was multiple PLAYERS

Apparently it was a kid from Maryland.

Not nearly as bad as what happened at DP in 2010 (the year we went 14-1). No asterisk.
-
By the way, the true story --- It wasn't DP's fault that the U.S. didn't know the kid in question wasn't a real US citizen. He lived in DP's zone but faked his citizenship... I have thought about going to the FHSAA to restore the wins. At the time Dr. Phillips and Winter Park were the only Orlando-area schools that kept those records. When DP found out they self-reported it.... What was the worst (at the time) was people on the Orlando Sentinel boards were making up false stories and accusations that it was half the team and all the stars.... Uh, no. It was one player. He barely played. He lived in the zone. He faked citizenship to enroll at DPHS.

It's the parents fault at Orange City. They cost the entire team the season. Just like it was the kid's parents who faked his citizenship.

These parents should be arrested for fraud. We paid for his pads, his water during practice, etc., as tax payers.

I saw it in the Orlando sentinel the other day it has to exist. Lol

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT