ADVERTISEMENT

Oakleaf Opening?

gatorman-uf

Jul 28, 2006
FHSAA Classifieds list Orange Park Oakleaf Head Coaching. Surprised if I thought Derek Chipoletti was making real progress there.

I read he was pursuing a business opportunity. Cant blame him there. Some happy coaches in North 7A right now.

Is That the same place they make that wine you can buy at CVS?

Anyway, what is going on with that region? I think it is right up there by University isn't it?

What gives, 2 playoff caliber programs out of basically new schools?

Oakleaf, like most of the high school football programs in Clay County, is on the hunt for a new head coach.

Derek Chipoletti resigned to pursue an opportunity in the private sector, continuing a season of churn in the Clay County football ranks.

“I will [miss the job],” he said. “I’m obviously passionate about high school football and football in general. At the same time, this is a good opportunity for me and my family that I just can’t pass up.”

Chipoletti turned Oakleaf around quickly, going 6-4 in his first season there in 2012 and then put together a 12-1 regional final season in 2014. Oakleaf went 8-2 in 2015 and missed the state playoffs.

Chipoletti was 14-7 in two seasons at Bradford and 7-4 on the field (later changed to 1-10 after forfeits) in one season at Williston.

In addition to Oakleaf, Fleming Island, Orange Park and Ridgeview are also in the process of hiring new coaches. Clay’s Josh Hoekstra, who just completed his fifth season, is the second longest-tenured coach in the county behind Keystone Heights’ Chuck Dickinson (17 seasons).

I just heard that Immokalee's coach resigned today. There's lot of opportunities for assistants to move up.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT