ADVERTISEMENT

O.T. Shoutout to Orlando Boone alum Marvin Bracy.... on to Rio

Dan in Daytona

Nov 20, 2008
Florida boys Justin Gatlin, Penscola Woodham, Trayvon Bromell, St Peterburg Gibbs, and Marvin Bracy, Boone High went 1,2,3 in the 100m dash at the US Olympic Trials and are now headed to Rio de Janeiro, Brazil for the summer Olympics. Bracy, won the large school FHSAA 100m and 200m state track championships as a soph and Jr. in 2011 and 2012. His cousin Kermit Whitfield, Orlando Jones High, returned that 100yrd kickoff against Auburn in the national championship game to lead FSU to it's latest football title. Sports guru Buddy Collings, Orlando Sentinel, beat me to the punch....but what's new :)

A young woman from Charlotte High and close friend of my sons, Amanda Carr, will be representing Thailand in the Olympics in BMX. Amanda won the World Games last year and made the Thai Olympic Team. Her father, a Vietnam Veteran, served in the USAF in Thailand where he met her mother.

BMX she's Iconic in Thailand.

Reactions: Dan in Daytona
Bromwell could be the track star of the world going forward... I think this will be Bolts last Olympics nad probably will only do world titles for a few more years. Gatlin is my age with gray patches in his head.... This is his last hurrah lol.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT