ADVERTISEMENT

Nu'Trelle was right, the Canes Are Coming Back 76%...

Silver King

Nov 29, 2002
Punta Gorda
...winning percentage in the freakin' SEC Baby! No Randy 'dear-in-the-headlights' Shannon, or Golden dodging aircraft banners, this is a Big-time coach - never thought I'd see it.

Damn Neut you called it like Babe Ruth. And a Miami guy. Here's something for all you doubters who said no he wouldn't. Gator and Noles, hope you enjoyed the Cane's hibernation - that's over baby!

Agree 100% SK, Boca boy Mark Richt is coming back home to his Cane's. Word is he will be calling the plays like in his heydays at FSU. Great hire Miami !

Reactions: Silver King
Knowing its now official that Ritch will be leaving Athens for Miami is hard for me to understand. I've told many Bull Dog faithful over the years that I felt Richt's problem at UGA was his refusal to rid himself of bad coordinators. This past season many Bull Dog alumni I've talk to have expressed disappointment over how the season played out, as most expected at the very least a SEC east crown. His inability also to ever win the big game was also instrumental in the alumni finally putting more pressure on the UGA AD than he could bare. I believe Ritch dismissal from UGA was a mistake, if the best UGA could do was bring in unproven C Smart.......but I also believe his acceptance of the HBC position at Miami is not an ideal fit for him either. Hope it all works out regardless as I miss the days when all 3 major Florida programs were viable on the national front.

Go Canes Go!

Can THIS GUY change the culture at UM?

They've been bad boys for a long time. Maybe the pipeline of second chances will divert a little but still end up in Auburn.
War Eagle.

If he can recruit the same way he did in Georgia, his teams should breeze through the ACC schedule. Then they will either have a championship game against FSU or Clemson in future years.

Since most of my family are Canes fans, I'm just hoping he brings them back to a point where the games are watchable. It has been very painful to watch them this year.

Hey BP, you're not gonna rain on SK's parade brother. Sure he wasn't able to win the big one, but that's because the 'big one' usually consisted of the team that won the National Title for the better part of 10 years. SK know he can lose a game he's supposed to win; But SK will take it.

All you all Gator and Nole fans are delirious still trotting out that culture biz at the U; Where you all been? That Culture long ago moved to FSU and UF, just like the winning did. The U, aside from some embarrassing fights on the field and losing a lot of butt ugly games, has been stripped of that. Plus that was what Miami called Swagger back when they backed it up, a lot of the BS came later by Miami players who were pretenders that thought they had swag in the program, but didn't back it up.

SK hoped it would be a Miles or Richt, but figured that once again it would be Miami that ended up with the long shot newby like Georgia did, rather than the big name coach. SK don't know who's calling the shots, but SK likes it - Prolly somebody as fed up as SK with what's been on the field since that bad call against OSU. Damn, SK still think the Rock should of asked Shelala for his Million bucks back they way they got their asses handed to them that night in the last game in the Orange Bowl ; that Iconic old stadium deserved better after all the greatness the Dolphin and Canes teams brought to it.

Last edited:
The ACC should be very worried. Richt is going to turn it around down there.

I
Knowing its now official that Ritch will be leaving Athens for Miami is hard for me to understand. I've told many Bull Dog faithful over the years that I felt Richt's problem at UGA was his refusal to rid himself of bad coordinators. This past season many Bull Dog alumni I've talk to have expressed disappointment over how the season played out, as most expected at the very least a SEC east crown. His inability also to ever win the big game was also instrumental in the alumni finally putting more pressure on the UGA AD than he could bare. I believe Ritch dismissal from UGA was a mistake, if the best UGA could do was bring in unproven C Smart.......but I also believe his acceptance of the HBC position at Miami is not an ideal fit for him either. Hope it all works out regardless as I miss the days when all 3 major Florida programs were viable on the national front.

Go Canes Go!
I agree with your whole statement

I told my buddy that Mark Richt would get the job and withing 3 years he will win a national championship. IMHO the only place they really lack is at the QB position. Hopefully they can get a good QB in this coming season.

Also how many players will ask for a release from UGA? Will UGA allow the releases because I have this feeling there are going to be at least 5 that will want to leave and go elsewhere.

There are always situations where a few players here and there will leave to play elsewhere before they've used up all their collegiate eligibility. Because UGA is the primary football program here in Georgia...........UGA fans to me outnumber Tech fans probably 7 or 8 to 1 around the state, I don't really see a situation where players will desire to opt out.............most of these kids grew up being UGA fans............. Its more about the school than the coach at UGA.

Go Canes Go!

I do think Richt will come to Miami with a big chip on his shoulder and wanting to shove it down the SEC, UGA and all of CFB's throat....

and will never forget this lol

How long do you think it will take before he makes certain Florida is on the schedule every year, especially since Florida beat Georgia the last few years?

As a Florida fan, I always feared the Georgia game. I think the road to the SEC East championship got a little easier. Remember when the entire Georgia team ran on the field after a TD against Florida? That stunt is probably what got him the Miami job. They want that kind a swagger back at the "U".

I like the Hire. FSU and the ACC will be changed from this day forward. I'm just glad it wasn't Les Miles. Now for Miami to hire the best QB coach they can afford and you got something in South Florida.

For what it is worth, Ricth won't shove it down any players throat, he will get them on board OR off scholarship. He is a great coach and had some of the best mentors the game can provide.

cant wait to see his staff
Miami first of all needs to win and not act like thugs in doing so.. No more "jaillin" or dance routines in the end zone, especially when losing.. Maybe this guy can bring pride back to Miami rather than hoodlums.. Watch out for bad associations for ballplayers too.... as many are puppies who can be lead astray..

Drummer... Its Miami you win with swag... They don't play or act like 1960 Bear Bryant (I don't know what year he was coaching) Bama down there. Allow people to express their cultural differences and not be sheep.

Richt should bring the swag back.

Drummer... Its Miami you win with swag... They don't play or act like 1960 Bear Bryant (I don't know what year he was coaching) Bama down there. Allow people to express their cultural differences and not be sheep.

Richt should bring the swag back.
peezy, ''SWAG" is ok when done with some dignity and not outlandish bombast as in the Texas game !!!! "Cultural differences" ???? What does that mean ??? No, you know what I mean and football is played with passion,not, hoodlum conduct... Knocking guys down, low hard driving, smash mouth, brutal hits,Yessssss... The extra activities, i .e. pointing, chest pounding, in the guys face, prancing and like that are not called for.... There is no "I" in victory, only "WE"... and teams don't need show offs and assholes..

Difference of opinion. Agree to disagree. I say express your else as a team.

Yea im okay with Cam dancing and think the chick who wrote that letter is a dumbass chode.

Especially since the Titans cheerleaders were doing far worse right in front of them.

Cultural differences? Um yeah there is such a thing you know... like I'm willing to bet a million the culture in my home and up bringing is about 180 different than yours.... it's not a bad thing it's just what it is.

Let's not be sheep and ignore the obvious.

I went to FAMU and FSU... those 2 schools are vastly culturally different. There is such a thing

Cultural differences? Um yeah there is such a thing you know... like I'm willing to bet a million the culture in my home and up bringing is about 180 different than yours.... it's not a bad thing it's just what it is.

Let's not be sheep and ignore the obvious.

I went to FAMU and FSU... those 2 schools are vastly culturally different. There is such a thing
peezy, you sir, are a good man... We may be different in our views but I have respect for your ability to discuss things.. FAMU.... I was in basic training with a guy who played ball with Bob Hayes and Bob Parramore,not sure of that spelling.. Iam very conservative in my views of conduct on the football field and loved the old Packers and Pittsburgh with "mean Joe Green".... Saw his first game with Steelers at Yankee Stadium when he crunched and dumped Fran Tarkington on his head.. I played ball at Dartmouth College. Merry Christmas..

Miami in it of itself is a bragocious non conservative city.

I'm okay if the football team matches the city. At the end of the day if you dont like them dancing in the end zone theres something really easy you can do.... Stop them

Miami in it of itself is a bragocious non conservative city.

I'm okay if the football team matches the city. At the end of the day if you dont like them dancing in the end zone theres something really easy you can do.... Stop them
peezy, ''STOP THEM''......Now that is the best sentiment anybody on the board has said... I agree...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT