ADVERTISEMENT

Naples Gulf Coast 35 Sarasota 0 Final.

Fla2014

Jun 18, 2014
I didn't see this game but this is the link to the article:

http://www.naplesnews.com/story/spo...st-shuts-down-sarasota-spring-game/333404001/

Sarasota always schedule a soft non-district schedule will win about 4-5 games this year due to that fact. Majority of their staff has left and went to Booker and they also loss some key players due to transfers including their starting QB from last season. They gained a RB freshman transfer from Braden River. Sarasota will have another long season this year.

Sarasota had a pretty young RB last year (maybe freshman) that was pretty shifty.
As with any school stability is key. With Sarasota its just not there.

There's always at least one poster from the county who mentions them being on the verge, they just never get off the verge.

There's always at least one poster from the county who mentions them being on the verge, they just never get off the verge.

I heard the same about Venice for many years. Most still believe it to be true.

Sarasota has something going on just cant put my finger on it. Kids leaving at an alarming pace. I guess the blame has to be on either the staff or school administrators. Unknown but until they can build some type of culture they will be fighting for .500 each year.

Venice was/is competitive in their district, they did have a long stretch of not getting past the first round, but so did Charlotte in the 90s. That takes time just like building a program does.

Sarasota just hasn't been consistently competitive. Lack of stability hurts, just like at North Port.

Look at Port Charlotte now that they have some consistency, they can compete in our district even if it is week with watered down Lee County teams. I think this last year was the 3rd time in 4 years that it was all Charlotte representing the District.

The district is top heavy. The bottom tier teams are just so noncompetitive it hurts overall. The 3 at the top do well. Past few years with the old style playoff system Palmetto has had a pretty good team but could not get into the playoffs. The new system helps them. The bottom 3 just get wiped out.
Venice
Braden River
Palmetto
--------------
Sarasota
Lakewood Ranch
North Port

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT