ADVERTISEMENT

Miami Gulliver Prep vs Manatee

gatorman001

Aug 31, 2003
Manatee after having its fall classic cancelled, opens up its regular season against Miami Gulliver Prep. Gulliver opened up its season with a pre-season game against Miami Killian, which Gulliver Prep won 37-3. Gulliver Prep has a squad with 10+ players rated 3* or better, with a couple of those players having names that anyone who has followed Florida football closely over the years should be familiar with ( 3* - LB Lamont Green wo is committed to FSU, and 2023 4* - RB Sedrick Irvin). Gulliver used a lethal passing attack to throttle Killian with the passing combo of QB Carson Haggard to WR Jalen Brown for over 180 yards and 3 TDs. The Gulliver Prep defense was equally as good shutting out Killian except for allowing Killian a 1st drive FG. Gulliver Prep has both the size, speed and talent to compete with any of the top 25 teams in the state of Florida, and will be expected to play deep into the playoffs this year in class 4A.

The game against Gulliver Prep this coming Friday, is one that I see Manatee as the clear underdog. Manatee lost one its best defensive players of the last 2 years over the summer in Samu Vave transfer to Texas, as well as some skilled talent on the offensive side of the ball in EJ Allen that is also no longer with the team and will instead be playing football at Zephyrhills Christian Academy. In addition, the Manatee head ball coach has already touted his soph talent for the upcoming season, is replacing 4 of its 5 starters on the OL and will replacing the bulk of its defense with new starters too. This is a season and schedule for Manatee that could result in a losing season for Manatee, as well as missing the playoffs……my Prediction: Miami Gulliver Prep 37 Manatee 13

Last edited:
Man a kid transferred to ZCA... Kinda makes no sense
Yeah, kinda what I thought too, he was mentioned during the summer by 247 for his outstanding play at a 7on7 tournament in Orlando......when I mentioned it to one of the guys on the Manatee Facebook page, his response should of tipped me off that something was up. Kid didn't link his hudl like its normally done, so I had do some digging to find out where he went to.........but my guess it probably had something to do with Shakir being fired for both to leave.

Neither of the kids left the program due to coaching change. Samu has major family issues and was forced to go live with family in Texas. Allen would of been lucky to make it though the season because of behavioral issues.

Neither of the kids left the program due to coaching change. Samu has major family issues and was forced to go live with family in Texas. Allen would of been lucky to make it though the season because of behavioral issues.
So what happen to Marcellous Ponder, another major contributor on defense last year that isn't listed on the roster this year? he another one with family/discipline issues?

So what happen to Marcellous Ponder, another major contributor on defense last year that isn't listed on the roster this year? he another one with family/discipline issues?
Ponder apparently was diagnosed with a medical issue that will prevent him from being able to participate in football........that makes 3 players from last year that were originally thought to be members as well as major contributors of the 2021 Manatee team, that now will not be.............

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT