ADVERTISEMENT

Miami Carol City 17 Mainland 10

Dan in Daytona

Nov 20, 2008
In a playoff rematch with the Chiefs from Miami, the Dade county school put just enough points on the board to beat the home town "good guys" 17-10. CC didn't appear to be as strong as last year, but they got the job done, regardless. Oh well, best team in the county again for the umpteenth time. Congratulations players, coaches and all the behind the scene people who keep this winning thing going. See y'all in the spring......Buc Forever

Last edited:
I'd be remiss not to mention the vast improvement on the defensive side of the ball for the Mainland Buccaneers. Those young men have gotten better with each game. They always were aggressive, but now they are more under control and reacting to the situations in front of them. The front seven is playing as well as any in Mainland's long line of great defensive units. The hard work is visible from the stands. Next year should be sweet....

In a playoff rematch with the Chiefs from Miami, the Dade county school put just enough points on the board to beat the home town "good guys" 17-10. CC didn't appear to be as strong as last year, but they got the job done, regardless. The ineptitude of the Mainland offense, a glaring problem all year against the better teams, was on full display this evening. Couple that with a strong, fast, and very athletic Miami defense and a 7 point loss doesn't seem so tragic in hindsight. Oh, it hurts to lose, and it really hurts to lose to a team Mainland could've very easily beaten tonight. They had the athletes to do it, the venue, and the crowd support. But the horrendously bad PLAY CALLING did the Bucs in again. I'm in my 60's, have played and watched football for more then 50 yrs and I'm as dumbfounded today as I was months ago in Apopka watching the Kickoff Classic. Need 5 yards for a first down, all four wideouts are 30 yards down field, QB is running for his life. Largest offensive line in the history of Mainland High (100 years) run between the tackles and get 2 yards. OK, lets do it 20 more times tonight...SAME RESULT. Let me stop here before I piss off everyone in Daytona and embarrass myself more when I read this ill advised rant in the morning. Best team in the county again for the umpteenth time. Congratulations players, coaches and all the behind the scene people who keep this winning thing going. See y'all in the spring......Buc Forever
8A beckons. Come on up!

Reactions: Dan in Daytona
In a playoff rematch with the Chiefs from Miami, the Dade county school put just enough points on the board to beat the home town "good guys" 17-10. CC didn't appear to be as strong as last year, but they got the job done, regardless. Oh well, best team in the county again for the umpteenth time. Congratulations players, coaches and all the behind the scene people who keep this winning thing going. See y'all in the spring......Buc Forever

Hey man good season... Tough to run that Gauntlet.

ADVERTISEMENT