ADVERTISEMENT

Manatee Hurricanes vs Apopka Blue Darters

Originally posted by DarterBlue2:

Originally posted by BigGatorMike51:

This is just my opinion but I think it all comes down to which Apopka shows up. I think Apopka has the more talented team and no way Manatee beats them on their best day, however Manatee has played pretty mistake free ball this year and Apopka has had some error prone games.

I think if Manatee plays it's usual solid game and Apopka makes a couple of mistakes Manatee wins. I agree it should be a high scoring affair but sometimes these potent offenses play to a 14-7 game so who knows. I think I have covered all the bases so no mater how it turns out I can say "see I was right".
Mike, I tend to agree with your analysis. I would not say categorically that Apopka is the more talented team. I would say that the Apopka that beat WO in the rematch would pose a very steep challenge for any team in 8a,including Manatee. However, the Apopka that lost to Edgewater or Oak Ridge would lose to Manatee too. I also would not be shocked if the game is low scoring. Against American Heritage I remember thinking that if APK wanted to win, it would have to do so in a shootout given AH's offensive talent. At the half it was 10-7. So who knows? May the team that wants it more win tomorrow night!

This post was edited on 12/5 2:38 AM by DarterBlue2
Guys, are we really going to make excuses now if Apopka looses based on what team shows up?!?! Come on and give me a break. The same team shows up week in and week out just like Manatee does with Lang and both teams continue to post Ws.

I will disagree with this being a shootout and I think it's won on a late score. Manatee is used to going on the road and playing big games and they will show up ready to play. My biggest concern is being able to wrap up and tackle which has always been an issue over the years.

Originally posted by fla331boy:
Originally posted by DarterBlue2:

Originally posted by BigGatorMike51:

This is just my opinion but I think it all comes down to which Apopka shows up. I think Apopka has the more talented team and no way Manatee beats them on their best day, however Manatee has played pretty mistake free ball this year and Apopka has had some error prone games.

I think if Manatee plays it's usual solid game and Apopka makes a couple of mistakes Manatee wins. I agree it should be a high scoring affair but sometimes these potent offenses play to a 14-7 game so who knows. I think I have covered all the bases so no mater how it turns out I can say "see I was right".
Mike, I tend to agree with your analysis. I would not say categorically that Apopka is the more talented team. I would say that the Apopka that beat WO in the rematch would pose a very steep challenge for any team in 8a,including Manatee. However, the Apopka that lost to Edgewater or Oak Ridge would lose to Manatee too. I also would not be shocked if the game is low scoring. Against American Heritage I remember thinking that if APK wanted to win, it would have to do so in a shootout given AH's offensive talent. At the half it was 10-7. So who knows? May the team that wants it more win tomorrow night!

This post was edited on 12/5 2:38 AM by DarterBlue2
Guys, are we really going to make excuses now if Apopka looses based on what team shows up?!?! Come on and give me a break. The same team shows up week in and week out just like Manatee does with Lang and both teams continue to post Ws.

I will disagree with this being a shootout and I think it's won on a late score. Manatee is used to going on the road and playing big games and they will show up ready to play. My biggest concern is being able to wrap up and tackle which has always been an issue over the years.
I wasn't making excuses for Apopka, you know I'm a Manatee fan. Just sayin Apopka is quite inconsistant, you don't go 6-4 in the regular season and lose to teams like Oak Ridge and Edgewater and go this far in the playoffs unless you have consistancy problems.

Tell me, was the Apopka that lost to West Orange in the regular season the same team that beat them by 40 in the playoffs? I understand the personel is the same but they did not play like the same team in the regular season meeting.

This post was edited on 12/5 4:05 PM by BigGatorMike51

For all those Manatee homers that thought Manatee had the offense to match scores......24-0 now 1/2 through the 2nd QT....Right now the defense hasn't got an answer to say nothing of Manatee having absolutely no offense.

Go Canes Go!

Apopka on those wide plays is throwing some devastating blocks.....on Manatee defenders. Just a world of difference in the physicality of Apopka compared to Manatee who is playing like their doing pregame walk trough's. On offense I know the radio guys have already spoken to this but its just sickening to watch how no one wide is coming close to holding blocks..........that hasn't been an issue all year long but tonight from some reason Manatee has just been awful.

Go Canes Go!

Apopka was ready for a fight. Manatee wasn't. Hope the Canes play well in the second half. Win or lose, they need to fight. They're better than this.

And here's a late congratulations as well. I only listened to the radio stream, but Apopka clearly proved they were the better team.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT