ADVERTISEMENT

Manatee High probably secures a spot in the playoffs

gatorman001

Aug 31, 2003
Manatee 35 Newsome 28 Final
This is probably a one and done playoff team, but they managed to do what I thought at one point they wouldn't do...........probably qualify for the playoffs with tonight's win over Newsome!

Go Canes Go!

Last time I saw, Manatee will have to play top-seeded, undefeated, Kissimmee-Osceola first round of playoffs.

Manatee I believe finishes with a # 7 or # 6 seed in region 2, which in mind will pit them against either Osceola or Sarasota Riverview in the 1st round of the playoffs. Manatee however is playing with just too many Freshmen and Sophomores.....(at times they have had 2 Freshmen starting on the OL, due to injuries, to illustrate just how young this Manatee team is in general), to compete against upper tier teams. I just don't think their going to have the maturity to compete on the line of scrimmage on either side of the ball. Manatee does have some skilled talent and I guess because of that you could say there is the potential for a 1st round upset......I wouldn't bet on it however......

Go Canes Go!

Looks like #50 was out with a broken leg/ankle last night. That sucks.
Saw #10 Irone Jackson is a freshman. He looks good at skill positions. He will help a ton next year.

8A Bracket as of right now;

8A- Region 1
#1 Winter Park vs #8 Boone
#2 Flagler Palm Coast vs #7 Spruce Creek
#3 Wekiva vs #6 Apopka
#4 Seminole (Sanford) vs #5 Lake Mary

8A- Region 2
#1 Osceola vs #8 Newsome
#2 Vero Beach vs #7 Olympia
#3 Riverview vs #6 Manatee
#4 Dr. Phillips vs # 5 Ridge Community

8A- Region 3
#1 Deerfield Beach vs #8 Douglas
#2 Miramar vs #7 Seminole Ridge
#3 Palm Beach Central vs #6 Western
#4 Atlantic (Delray) vs #5 Plantation

8A- Region 4
#1 Columbus vs #8 Homestead
#2 Palmetto vs #7 Miami High
#3 Belen Jesuit vs #6 Miami Southridge
#4 North Miami vs #5 South Dade

Manatee will have around 15-16 starters back next year...........very young ball club. we will be talking differently next year.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT