ADVERTISEMENT

Manatee cancels Friday's football fall classic vs. Tampa Bay Tech

gatorman001

Aug 31, 2003
Manatee AD was quoted as follows:

'Canes' AD Matt Bowling says game called off for "abundance of caution for the safety of our players and coaches"​

Not sure exactly how the concern becomes less next week versus not playing this week...........the virus and its variants are here for the foreseeable future? Ive watched countless preseason youtube videos from Georgia this past week, and it hasn't ultimately led to any massive cancelation of regular season games? The ADs explanation lacks much in as far as specifics with regards to players possibly testing positive for the virus?

Last edited:
Reactions: Wavebb
A number of games being also cancelled in Lee county, one thing that I found interesting however was the striking similarity with the Press release announcing those cancelations and the Manatee AD announcement of the Manatee game cancellation............kinda of ironic, almost like there is a prepared statement that's already been circulated for potential use......... the regular season could be a bumpy ride, particularly as school boards across the state continue to feud with the Governor over the handling of covid.....

............kinda of ironic, almost like there is a prepared statement that's already been circulated for potential use......... the regular season could be a bumpy ride, particularly as school boards across the state continue to feud with the Governor over the handling of covid.....
Welcome to the Covid era, it won an election by design or chance, and its given government greater power over the herd. Follows the political pattern: CDC distributes the agenda/talking points and all the media outlets report the same thing first news of the day all across the nation. Once Politics married up with Covid, we were doomed.

Lets see what College football does, after last year - some of those teams were embarrassed and its a lot of money lost to cancel.

That and the director of NIh communicates directly with social media, to establish a controlled covid narrative as well as to censor those that don't stick with that desired narrative, as emails have uncovered through FOIA requests..........

Similar wording from Lee County - so now Charlotte will play Barron Collier for only a half, and pick up Bishop Verot 2nd half, Riverdale's original Classic opponent the 2nd half. At least they get to play.

Reactions: Wavebb
1st game, Tarps scored first last night going up 3-0, after having a TD called back and that was it going down 14-3 against BC. Second half gave up a drive 7-0, got a safety 7-2 then the back up Q threw a Pic 6 and out that game 14-2. As scores indicate we have some for to do.

Got to see Miami 4-star corner for Verot who committed to my Canes. Their Freshman Q could throw a mile - he's the Number 1 pitching prospect in the Nation.

I heard, haven't yet seen the score that Venice was thumping Miami NW.

1st game, Tarps scored first last night going up 3-0, after having a TD called back and that was it going down 14-3 against BC. Second half gave up a drive 7-0, got a safety 7-2 then the back up Q threw a Pic 6 and out that game 14-2. As scores indicate we have some for to do.

Got to see Miami 4-star corner for Verot who committed to my Canes. Their Freshman Q could throw a mile - he's the Number 1 pitching prospect in the Nation.

I heard, haven't yet seen the score that Venice was thumping Miami NW.
Ran into a couple of folks this morning, that were wearing their Tarpon colors. 1st gentleman gave a quick run down on the 2 halfs last night. Then ran into the mom of the young man that QB'd Tarps the last 2 years, she told me her son was at the Air Force Academy now, but also indicated she was originally from the Ft Lauderdale area, before moving to punta gorda. She also said had they not moved here, her son would have gone to STA. I quickly threw up a cross sign to her, she laughed and said the move to punta gorda was a good move despite the missed state title opportunties. She was very proud of her son and was very humble about her son's opportunities that fate provided him at Charoltte HS!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT