ADVERTISEMENT

Manatee -at- Palmetto

BD1982

Jul 19, 2010
Manatee is battle tested coming off of a game against Hoover and a spring where they knocked heads with Venice and Lakeland and still loaded with talent on both sides of the ball

Palmetto is coming off a tough road win against a traditionally tough Ft Myers team

This one could be entertaining.. great measuring stick for both teams means little in the grand scheme of things-

Thoughts...????

Palmetto from an emotional standpoint certainly has much to get up for with this game. Palmetto however is no where near as talented as the Hoover HS team Manatee faced this past Friday night in Alabama. It bothered me a great deal watching just how badly schemed and coached the Manatee defense was Friday night against Hoover, a by-product of the coaching loss Manatee experienced when Phalen resigned????? AJ did alright Friday night I just don't think he's going to be much more, other than a 10- 30 yard controlled short passing game type QB. I believe this offense even without Lang is good enough to win games.........the defense however concerns me and I haven't felt that way about the Manatee defense in a long long time.......in as far as when you look at the amount of talent they have versus the results.......

Barring the bottom falling out for Manatee Friday night against Palmetto, I see a Manatee win!

Go Canes Go!

I see this one coming down to coaching myself. I don't think either team is far more dominant than the other and this will and usually is a dog fight.

With that being said, I will hope for a Manatee win but I see Palmetto squeaking one out if they can avoid turning the ball over and Manatee's defense doesn't wrap up.

I would not be shocked if Palmetto pulls this one out, but I believe the Canes will wear them down in the end. I think Palmetto and Braden River are strong teams and Manatee County overall is up this year. I'm looking forward to seeing how Manatee responds after taking one on the chin. Price has to touch the ball early and often.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT