ADVERTISEMENT

Manatee 30 Venice 13 FINAL

gatorman001

Aug 31, 2003
The turning point of this game was right about the 9:30 mark of the 1st QT. At that point the Venice offense was facing a 30-50 wind gusts and rain that was coming down hard and sideways and also in the face of the Venice offense! Everything that could go wrong did for Venice and to Manatee's credit while they probably had more snaps than Venice did on offense during the 6-8 minute storm, the only issue it had with handling the ball was its 1st PAT attempt.
Once the rain stopped, Manatee was up 13-0 and the Venice QB couldn't handle the ball properly to get off accurate passes. Venice was able to put 7 on the scoreboard, aided in large part to 2 -15 yard penalties against the Manatee defense. Manatee however found some confidence in its over-all game at that point and generally speaking beat Venice in the trenches all game long to win its 1st District Championship in almost 5 years!
Go Canes Go!

Last edited:
I hate to take anything away from Venice, but the 2 gentlemen that were sitting next to me were Venice fans.......had no idea the Venice QB had started at Manatee, played at Plant City and was now at Venice for his senior year. Venice had no running game except when they used the North Port transfer in the wildcat..... and the Manatee offense was able to just take it to the Venice defense between the tackles..........had that rain storm not come through it could have been a different game, but I have to say.......you could tell Manatee was buying into the positive vibe, once they went up 13-0!

Go Canes Go!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT