ADVERTISEMENT

Manatee 0-3

You seemed to be one that wants to ask alot of questions, without ever ever offering thought or opinion on anything?

Go Canes Go!

In order for this year's team to match the offensive output of the 2012 team, they would only need to play 73 games. Not sure that answers any questions, just an interesting stat that came up recently.

well everyone has a shot before friday everyone is 0-0 in district play- no dreams are dead yet

Manatee will lose to Venice so 2-1 in district and a 6-4 5-5 record. Not eye popping but it appears that is where they are headed

I was waiting to comment on their 0-3 start and everyone giving up on them and handing Venice the district title. For all you Coach Shakir haters and those ready to throw him to the wolves. He has actually done a great job getting this very young team ready each week and has preach for them to continue to stear the course and block out all the negative noise! And they have! They don't at all resemble the same team that started the season 0-3. Having lost their top three running backs to start the season, (Kyree Jones for the whole season) and starting a young 10th grader at QB the Canes have finally gotten healther. Along with an offensive line that averages 295 pounds per man, they have started to play to their potential!! Since Tyson Phelps 142 yards and Napoleon Harris 131 yards against Venice and have returned to the lineup, Manatee is 5-0. With a defense that has actually played well all year, holding Venice and 8A power Kissimmee Osceola to 13 points each, they have help Manatee stay in every game they have played with the exception of Lakeland. Palmetto and Braden River are two game they could have won and should have won!
Now the Canes are 7A District 10 champs and will host a first round playoff game on Nov 8th. The real excitement is that Coach Shakir will return 8 starters on offense and 7 on defense next year. So as this team gets better the foundation is already in place for next year and years to come. Go Canes!!

Last edited:
Gezzz, TWC249......they won the District championship, I want to say it was probably the best game they played all year long in as far as a complete team win. Venice played the way I expected them to play the week before......Putting Ryan at the H-back position was huge and a real difference maker................he utterly destroyed whom ever he went one on one with.......number of plays that were ESPN type top 10 plays by Ryan! Had they been working on this all year......don't know.....I haven't been in a position to attend a practice this year........but it was a genius move by who ever finally decided to put him there. That 6-8 minute storm that passed through in the 1st qt was key too......Manatee handled its business during the storm, Venice didn't!

Lot of things about the way things are coached during the game, I could critique still......but I've decide to keep it to myself......and will only talk about it in a one on one conversation moving forward when the situation presents itself.....This is a very talented team, that hasn't even really begun to touch its potential

One more question, I pretty much moved in now and ready to help out in what ever way I can......who do I contact about helping with Manatee athletics, boosters etc....?

Thanks!

Go Canes Go!

Lot of things about the way things are coached during the game, I could critique still......but I've decide to keep it to myself......and will only talk about it in a one on one conversation moving forward when the situation presents itself.....This is a very talented team, that hasn't even really begun to touch its potential

One more question, I pretty much moved in now and ready to help out in what ever way I can......who do I contact about helping with Manatee athletics, boosters etc....?

Thanks!

Go Canes Go!

man Gator you better get to deleting if you planning on joining the crew..... I mean you love your school but you have been pretty openly critical (right wrong or indifferent) and if someone looks it up that could have folks saying we that negativity around the program...

On 2nd thought no one reads this message board anymore your probably safe AF so just carry on LOL.

Reactions: DPHS
I am who I am..................but have been a Manatee fan my entire life...............its wasn't just football...(although that's always been #1), before I moved I was always at wrestling matches, basketball games, track and baseball.......if they prefer not having me around.......so be it...............not ever going to be the proper PC guy, but I know too they really could use someone with my kind of passion for Manatee HS sports!

Go Canes Go!

Bowen Summer is the Booster Club president. Gene Brown is also still very active and remains on the radio team. You can call the school and get information.....Welcome back to Fla!!! Oh...check out the new score board just intalled.

Gezzz, TWC249......they won the District championship, I want to say it was probably the best game they played all year long in as far as a complete team win. Venice played the way I expected them to play the week before......Putting Ryan at the H-back position was huge and a real difference maker................he utterly destroyed whom ever he went one on one with.......number of plays that were ESPN type top 10 plays by Ryan! Had they been working on this all year......don't know.....I haven't been in a position to attend a practice this year........but it was a genius move by who ever finally decided to put him there. That 6-8 minute storm that passed through in the 1st qt was key too......Manatee handled its business during the storm, Venice didn't!

Thanks!

Go Canes Go!
I want to give my wife a shout out for this game, when that rain starting coming down, I fully expected her to tell me...."lets go home", instead she let me stay in the stands while it rained, and she sought out cover.....when the rain stopped she was back in the stands with me until the very end......drenched head to toe and never said a word about going home!

Go Canes Go!

Reactions: jgking83
Hope the Canes can close out the regular season with a solid victory and get out of the game without injury.

I'm jealous of you, gatorman. I look forward to the day I can move back home. Enjoy it!

Hope the Canes can close out the regular season with a solid victory and get out of the game without injury.

I'm jealous of you, gatorman. I look forward to the day I can move back home. Enjoy it!
Man .............20+ years I had to wait, but all so happy to be back now! Hang in there, you'll be back before you know it!......I was fortunate my Georgia born wife embraced coming to Florida.........,

Go Canes Go!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT