ADVERTISEMENT

Lake City Columbia

Phac Nam

Sep 10, 2015
Are they really, really good this year? I've got a buddy who went to school there (back when the Tigers were still cubs) and he told me this was their year. I saw the beat Gainesville-who-beat-First Coast stuff...and I know they are always a tough out...but has this been building? Again, sorry if I'm late to the party on this one...I've been out of the game for a while but "re-found" this site today and I'm probably more excited than a grown man should allowed to be.
How about Tarpon Chuck? Tarpon Chuck was my boy back in the day...is Tarpon Chuck on here?

Columbia is pretty good, probably a 2-3rd round team then get beat. Don't think they will be a "real" contender.

Thank you. I guess First Coast is down, too?

I would agree with the Captain. They can already beat the best that District 1 has to offer (Lincoln). So whether they are district champs or runner-ups a rematch against First Coast awaits. I won't put a huge amount of stock into GHS victory over FC as FC had both games rained out and that was their first game of the season.

I saw the GHS and Apopka games, they looked better against GHS and a lot less vanilla on offense. But I would be hard pressed to believe that their front 7 is big/strong enough or that the offensive line can get the yard when it matters.

Basically, they are looking at a playoff schedule of Lincoln, First Coast, Oakleaf/Bartram Trail, Lakeland, St Thomas/Dwyer. They are good, but not that good.

If I had to rank North Florida it would go something like this.
1 IMG
2 Mainland
3 Lakeland
4 Dr. Phillips
5 Bishop Moore
6 West Orange
7 Oakleaf
8 Trinity Jax
9 Osceola
10 Apopka
11 Bolles
12 Armwood
13 Winter Haven
14 Columbia
15 Escambia
16 Wakulla
17 Raines
18 North Marion
18 Manatee
20 Navarre
21 Plant
22 Mandarin
23 Choctawhatchee
24 Niceville
25 Tate

It's not a prefect order but close enough for a start of the season ranking.

If I had to rank North Florida it would go something like this.
1 IMG
2 Mainland
3 Lakeland
4 Dr. Phillips
5 Bishop Moore
6 West Orange
7 Oakleaf
8 Trinity Jax
9 Osceola
10 Apopka
11 Bolles
12 Armwood
13 Winter Haven
14 Columbia
15 Escambia
16 Wakulla
17 Raines
18 North Marion
18 Manatee
20 Navarre
21 Plant
22 Mandarin
23 Choctawhatchee
24 Niceville
25 Tate

It's not a prefect order but close enough for a start of the season ranking.

Great Scott...you consider all those schools to be in North Florida? Did we annex Cuba or something? Is Miami Central Florida?

Reactions: WRONG ARM
LOL, I was going along the Central line being Orlando and Tampa to Daytona like the FHSAA should, just to make it competitive. You are right though, some are listed as South Florida by the FHSAA.

Actually I think they all are listed as North teams except IMG and they are Independent.

I got ya. That bunch on Hammond Road has wrangled up some serious talent again, haven't they?

Cat, Mainland is in the south, should play Melbourne Heritage 2nd round. Armwood in the North...go figure.

Yes he is... Thanks Dan and you are always correct, well most of time anyways...lol

I would agree with the Captain. They can already beat the best that District 1 has to offer (Lincoln). So whether they are district champs or runner-ups a rematch against First Coast awaits. I won't put a huge amount of stock into GHS victory over FC as FC had both games rained out and that was their first game of the season.

I saw the GHS and Apopka games, they looked better against GHS and a lot less vanilla on offense. But I would be hard pressed to believe that their front 7 is big/strong enough or that the offensive line can get the yard when it matters.

Basically, they are looking at a playoff schedule of Lincoln, First Coast, Oakleaf/Bartram Trail, Lakeland, St Thomas/Dwyer. They are good, but not that good.
keep in mind that teams get better as the year goes on, people want to judge us because we lost to a dang good Apopka team who will contend in the 8A in the first real game in like 9 months, keep that in mind

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT