ADVERTISEMENT

Knights vs Auburn

Dan,

I went to my first FTU basketball game in 1978 with then AD Jack O’leary who was my neighbor. They had a good D2 BB squad led by gunner Bo Clark who’s dad Torchy was the head coach. And you’re right about the original war on I-4. I worked 13 of those 16 games. Do your remember UCFs QB Dana Thysen out of Deland?
I was also there for UCF’s first series win in 1985. Eddie O’Brien kicked a 50+ yd field goal to win as time expired. The press box went nuts and was told to be professional and shut the hell up. The SID for BC-C was pissed. Rightfully so too! Great times!

Reactions: Dan in Daytona
Also, that SID’s name was Johnny Randolph. I think he was also a baseball coach at Bethune. A few years later he got into some stuff after a shooting a couple of guys. Don’t know what ever happened to him.
As I said, “Great Times.”

well it might not be the most important game for you but for most it would be. I guess you like crappy conference title wins in Conference USA and the American conference over Tulsa, SMU and Memphis. Maybe it's a 44-7 loss to Georgia Southern in the D1AA semifinals that was the most important game or that blowout in the D2 semifinals back in 1987. This is UCF's biggest game ever. If UCF wins this game they will finish with their highest ranking and first undefeated season. When they lose your right it won't be that important.
Well if UCF did not beat both USF and Memphis this year in the championship game the auburn game does not happen. Both the USF and Memphis games were at home and the atmosphere and sell outs were both shown on national TV and proved that not all AAC teams can't have better atmospheres than the majority of P5 games. Beating Auburn would be nice but winning a BCS game was bigger as were the other games I mentioned. UCF won't change the cartel's image with a win. Finishing 13-0 will be nice but just like SK, there are a lot of fools out there who will say the only reason UCF won was because auburn did not want to be there.

Also, that SID’s name was Johnny Randolph. I think he was also a baseball coach at Bethune. A few years later he got into some stuff after a shooting a couple of guys. Don’t know what ever happened to him. As I said, “Great Times.”
It's amazing how much stuff you can get yourself into just by shooting a couple guys.

What's happen to the "Bill of Rights". If a man own a gun, have money for ammunition and want to shoot a few peoples, why shouldn't he be free to do so? Nomsayin?

BTW Merry Christmas.

I think UCF has a great chance. Emotions play a lot into football. I see UCF trying to win one for Frost. I also don't think Auburn will have the same emotions. Either way I hope its a great game. If UCF wins it really doesn't matter about excuses. You won't be able to take away the win. I wish Frost would have stayed one more year and see what they could have done next year. Oh well I will enjoy the game either way.
There are many players on the UCF team that don't like frost at this point. They want to win for themselves, not Frost.

Why would they be mad at Frost?

The coach who got me into college left after two years to go coach with the Gators just before my Senior Year. We had a really sound team coming back that made the State semi-final game under him. Yeah, I was mad at first. By the time the season rolled around I understood his dream was to coach college - he ended up being two time NCAA Coach of the year. Of course I was pissed again after the new head coach's lack of offensive common sense caused us to lose against Tampa Catholic in the Regional Final.

In College it's worse, that's the guy who recruited you made the program pitch and explained your shared vision. I was lucky - my college coach left after my senior season. He rode out my recruiting class to two conference titles (and left the cupboard pretty bare)

You can't be mad at a guy who got you your best season ever conference title noticed by NFL Scouts and left for a lot more $$$ and to coach at his Alma Mater.

You can't hate him... if you do your not in touch with reality

Reactions: Neutral 0bserver
Why would they be mad at Frost?
How close we're paying attention for the past three weeks of the season? He told his players that no decision was made, he met with the AD from Nebraska the night before the Temple game. Some of the coaches started looking for houses that very weekend. The DC phoned it in actually getting into a screaming match with Beckton about effort. Watch the USF game, the DC is no where near the defense.

He actively recruited UCF commits while still using UCF facilities and complained his office was cleaned out by UCF staff after he left. Frost is a good coach but a saint, he'll no. I would rather he left like the FSU coach.

I didn't pay as close attention to UCF as you obviously that's my wife's school not mine. All I know if if anyo me believed he wasn't leaving then they weren't in touch with reality.

Also none of these coaches are saints news flash.

Oh and if you'd rather he left like Jimbo then you didn't pay attention to how he left which is fine because that's not your team either but he mailed it in Probably after about week 4 or whenever AM decided they were firing Sumlin and we were 1-3.

Stopped recruiting and his agent was already running figures by him.

I didn't pay as close attention to UCF as you obviously that's my wife's school not mine. All I know if if anyo me believed he wasn't leaving then they weren't in touch with reality.

Also none of these coaches are saints news flash.

Oh and if you'd rather he left like Jimbo then you didn't pay attention to how he left which is fine because that's not your team either but he mailed it in Probably after about week 4 or whenever AM decided they were firing Sumlin and we were 1-3.

Stopped recruiting and his agent was already running figures by him.
And FSU is my wife's team, she is a golden chief and in the BOD. What is worse, recruit kids all year only to take them you leave or not recruit at all. The end game was basically the same. Yes he was leaving but to lie to recruits and players along the way is not the way to go about it. If it were such a forgone conclusion that he was leaving, why all the BS the last month of the year.

Either way it will be interesting moving forward, you may believe that Frost made UCF, I thinks it's about 50/50.

Reactions: DarterBlue2
And FSU is my wife's team, she is a golden chief and in the BOD. What is worse, recruit kids all year only to take them you leave or not recruit at all. The end game was basically the same. Yes he was leaving but to lie to recruits and players along the way is not the way to go about it. If it were such a forgone conclusion that he was leaving, why all the BS the last month of the year.

Either way it will be interesting moving forward, you may believe that Frost made UCF, I thinks it's about 50/50.

Well me and you need to have beers one day Sir lol. I root for UCF just don't follow as close plus I coached the Griffens in youth ball.

I guess it's a tomato. Both were bad with same end result.

Well if UCF did not beat both USF and Memphis this year in the championship game the auburn game does not happen. Both the USF and Memphis games were at home and the atmosphere and sell outs were both shown on national TV and proved that not all AAC teams can't have better atmospheres than the majority of P5 games. Beating Auburn would be nice but winning a BCS game was bigger as were the other games I mentioned. UCF won't change the cartel's image with a win. Finishing 13-0 will be nice but just like SK, there are a lot of fools out there who will say the only reason UCF won was because auburn did not want to be there.

And i will tell those people that was auburns damn fault and if they weren't trying they deserve to be tarred and feathered

Reactions: Sir Galahad
Frost had to go. Nobody on the plnet can blame him. In the meantime I wish Dan from Daytona would have talked to young Mr. Killins about keeping his big mouth shut. Now we will get the best Auburn has to offer. Hope we don’t get slaughtered.

Frost had to go. Nobody on the plnet can blame him. In the meantime I wish Dan from Daytona would have talked to young Mr. Killins about keeping his big mouth shut. Now we will get the best Auburn has to offer. Hope we don’t get slaughtered.
Seriously, if smack talk was needed to get them up, they have no business being there.

Seriously, if smack talk was needed to get them up, they have no business being there.
If in a whole month of prep the only motivation that auburn can get themselves is something ucf said then they need to fire some coaches

If you need the other team to motivate you to get your ass up to play you have already lost and have no business taking the field

Reactions: peezy28

Thing is tho Killins had world class speed regardless of who he plays for... So to him they probably all lool slow

Auburn no motivation, UCF in an upset 28-14

Happy for the Knights, incredible season; and for future reference Sir Galahad, Auburn is what a team that lacked motivation looks like. They came out, clearly looking like the faster team to begin the game, then got behind. Their coach put his foot in their asses at half reminding them how bad they were playing. They made a little bit of a run then fell back into that cloud of “we should be playing later today.”

UCF did a great job of holding momentum.

My original thinking was UCF should have been in the FBS playoffs and I still stand with that statement. They’ve done everything the FBS has ask by going undefeated and winning their conference and the committee still crapped on them.

UCF is the reason there should be at least an 8 team playoff system because as it is right now the little man has no say so and no chance....

Congrats to the Knights! They deserve a top 5 ranking. Great season.
They do. Best season ever for them. Too bad things get tight after this with the departure of their coaching staff. Seems UCF takes one step forward only to reverse in subsequent years.

Happy for the Knights, incredible season; and for future reference Sir Galahad, Auburn is what a team that lacked motivation looks like. They came out, clearly looking like the faster team to begin the game, then got behind. Their coach put his foot in their asses at half reminding them how bad they were playing. They made a little bit of a run then fell back into that cloud of “we should be playing later today.”

I disagree.... they got beat... UCF was the better team today.

They do. Best season ever for them. Too bad things get tight after this with the departure of their coaching staff. Seems UCF takes one step forward only to reverse in subsequent years.

Yea I see a drop off for both programs next year USF and UCF

You're a moron and as predictable as a sunrise. If Milton is not in a fog in the first half, UCF wins by 25. Just a side note, UGA didn't beat Aubirn with Keeryon playing, UCF did.

Whoa, settle down. Let’s enjoy the victory and the season. Only unbeaten team. Beat the team that beat two playoff teams. Put up more points on Auburn than anyone this year. Happy Freakin’ New Year!!

This is quite possibly the worst draw possible for UCF.
I believe Auburn will be at least an 8 or 9 point favorite and I’ll be shocked if the Knights can keep it anywhere near that close, let alone win. There is just no comparison when it comes to defense. The Knights have not played a team all season that ranks in the top 50 in defense. In fact, nine of their 13 wins came against defenses that are not even ranked in the top 100. Auburn’s defense is ranked #7.
As much as I want the Knights to win this game, I just can’t see it. I keep thinking back to Western Michigan last year. Undefeated during the regular season, the Broncos came into New Years Day 13-0 (better record than UCF) to play a 3 loss Wisconsin team and got beat. There is just a huge difference in defense when you face the top squads of the SEC, ACC and Big 10. I would like their chances a whole lot better if they were playing someone out of the PAC 12 or Big 12.

Auburn 45-UCF 21

Auburn 60 UCF 17

Good luck to the Baby Knights. Remember this:
2005 USF 31 UCF 14

2006 USF 24 UCF 17

2007 USF 64 UCF 12

2008 USF 31 UCF 24

2013 UCF 23 USF 20

2014 UCF 16 USF 0

2015 USF 44 UCF 3

2016 USF 48 UCF 31

2017 UCF 49 USF 42

And also remember... UCF will always be irrelevant.

Correct. UCF is going to get smoked. And Auburn doesn't need USF's help to whoop up on the niyyyts.

Should i go buy crow for everyone or will you all do it for me

No use Laz, Sir Galahad is such a miserable sort. he can't take compliments, and even when his team wins he finds a way to be abrasive and condescending.

And how's this for predictable Sir Grumpy Gus? Someone else agreed that this was one of the biggest games in school history like I suggested earlier:

Best win in school history imo. Undefeated

I realize you're just too uptight to come out and say it, so I'll take "predictable" as your way of telling me in code, I'm always right.

Thanks, and anytime...

No use Laz, Sir Galahad is such a miserable sort. he can't take compliments, and even when his team wins he finds a way to be abrasive and condescending.

And how's this for predictable Sir Grumpy Gus? Someone else agreed that this was one of the biggest games in school history like I suggested earlier:

I realize you're just too uptight to come out and say it, so I'll take "predictable" as your way of telling me in code, I'm always right.

Thanks, and anytime...
Please, save the condescending BS for someone dumb enough to fall for it, they are far from compliments. There were many morons like yourself that already had the Auburn built in excuses in case they lost. They did, they showed up and fought as hard as they could, simply put, the better team won and UCF would win 9 out of 10 times.

... I'll take "predictable" as your way of telling me in code, I'm always right.
How you gonna top a former O-Lineman who reinvented hisself in the Turkey Bowl as a wide receiver who run TD routes against kids half his age while wearin 12" high green plaid platforms?

To quote SK hisself post game while hoisting a Captain Morgan and coke, "It's really unfair for one man to be this cool. I shoulda been triplets."

Sir Galahad, resorting to name calling, tsk tsk.

Yes I'll give you that the better team won TODAY, but TODAY is the day we were talking about but in the context of one team not being very motivated because they were in the hunt till the last game, then had to play in a lessor game. It's not surprising though, for years you've changed the narrative in a wink of an eye when you're backed into a corner.

And I don't consider you dumb, after all, could a dumb person come up with our "predictable" code?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT