ADVERTISEMENT

John Davis Steps down at CCC

I can't wrap my head around this. He rebuilds CCC from ashes and gets the team to finally be in a position to be a legit challenger for a state championship for 2016 and he just..leaves? HUH? How does somebody walk away from that much rising senior talent next year?

I don't know anything about the new coach outside of the article. I'm very curious how the Marauders develop during the offseason.

Passed on to his son in law. I think Davis is just tired. I hope he is in good health as he is a bigger fellow. You just never know.

There's nothing illegal like what TC was going through happening with Dave it's either he's just tired or not healthy.

Passed on to his son in law. I think Davis is just tired. I hope he is in good health as he is a bigger fellow. You just never know.

There's nothing illegal like what TC was going through happening with Dave it's either he's just tired or not healthy.

That was my concern. His health. He is an older, portly guy. Hope I am wrong. It is just not very human to walk away from a live chance at a State Championship.

I agree DarterBlue2 he's a great guy and one of the all time best coaches in Pinellas history. Hope it's just a timing thing.

I think the program is in good hands though.

After reading the articles and getting some opinion it sounds like just that Peezy, he was tired and wanted to walk away on a high note. 12-1 with 4x consecutive regional championships is about as high as you can go without winning the big one!

The TBO article indicates he didn't want to leave after next year (2016) when CCC graduated a big chunk of their team.

Here's CJ Cotman's quote from TBO,

“It’s really hard knowing (Davis) won’t be around anymore,” junior standout CJ Cotman said. “But we have all built a bond with Chris, and we trust him. Davis was the best coach I’ve ever had in my life and helped make me into the player that I am.”

I was thinking that too maybe he didn't want to leave his son in law with the cupboard bare

Wouldn't you love to walk into that job knowing what they will have next year?

Hope they go all the way and best of luck to him in retirement!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT