ADVERTISEMENT

IMG 49, Cocoa 7.

Cat_Scratch

Dec 14, 2009
IMG has a great QB in Patterson and a compliment of WR's to match his talent. The first stringer offense for IMG only needed the ball for about 10 minutes to put a real hurt on Cocoa's passing attack.IMG had many holdiing penalties. I've never seen as many holding calls or personal fouls, at keast 8 PF's, as I saw tonight. Add 2 unnecessary roughness flags and that was how it went. Cocoa may have had 3 flags all night. On the bright side for Cocoa. They stopped IMG's run game for most of the night and Timmy Pratt ran for about 5 yards a carry through that very big D-line. Judson was hurt in the middle of the first quarter and that ruined any chance for a passing game. IMG was loading the line on defense but Pratt still ground out at least a 100 yards. Not sure but I think Jusdon was taken out after throwing the ball, a fairly late hit in the ribs that took him out of the game. Hopefully he will be back for the St. Edward game.

'If any team beats IMG this year I will be surprised. They are truly an All-Star team with some top caliber athletes. Too bad they had so many personal or holding fouls. The PF's really were unnecessary, IMG's offense didn't need to take it that far after the whistle.

Damn Cat, I'm a little surprised at the outcome. Although most teams that lose their starting QB have a very hard up hill battle on their hands. Your fellow Cocoa posters had me believing they were ready for big bad IMG. Win the 4A Title and all Tigers will get over this little setback. The posters on Dallas's board..well that's another story :)

LOL this is what happens when you get $2million from the state. It helps pay for travel, lodging, food and of course taking your favorite recruit out to eat at a 5 start restaurant.

IMG has already been beat by American Heritage Plantation I think 19-7
AHP 19, IMG 7 Pre Season
And I take my hat off to AHP. You do know that IMG sat some of their star players for that game right? Not to take any credit from AHP because they put it on IMG, but sitting 3 5star players can make a little difference.

This will be a telling year for IMG. DeSoto, Miramar and now Cocoa had a big hurt put on them. This should tell the HS football world what recruiting a national all-star team can do at the HS level. I was impressed with the talent IMG assembled. It was easy to see 3 future NFL talent level guys on that field last night for IMG. Patterson, Nauta, and Smith will have a career in Football.

For Cocoa, Pratt and Taylor were there to play at the same level. Too bad Judson was hurt so early in the game. Was looking forward to seeing if he could pass in the IMG defense.

Would be interested on jambun's take on IMG and what he thinks about Freelance teams playing teams that are restricted by the recruiting rules.

LOL this is what happens when you get $2million from the state. It helps pay for travel, lodging, food and of course taking your favorite recruit out to eat at a 5 start restaurant.

If i am not mistaken the Governor vetoed the grant money that IMG was approved for

Way too many penalties for IMG. Are they a little cocky? Glad to see the refs called it as they saw it.

Possibly they are being coached to finish the play, and then throwing their guy down after the whistle. Holding, probably being taught to grab the jersey front, pulling the defender chest to chest, but the defenders were spinning out and the jersey's were being pulled before the offender could release. Some blatant, some not so but by then the ref's were watching for it. Would be interested to see how many yards were called back on IMG because of fouls.
I'm not complaining, I'm just very surprised.

Don't want to sound cynical but they are learning all the finer points of the game over there at IMG. That's their business approach to getting players ready in all phases for the next level and beyond.

Don't want to sound cynical but they are learning all the finer points of the game over there at IMG. That's their business approach to getting players ready in all phases for the next level and beyond.

Believe it or not Dan but I agree with you. They release a second or 2 sooner and it is a clean block but don't stretch the jersey. Now he PF's... I believe in going till the whistle but you really don't need to push your guy down or out of bounds when the whistle is blasting at you. I guess they just wanted to prove who they are. The unnecessary roughness was just that, unnecessary, I just don't get why, when they were ahead by 35 and 42 points. Dumb moves in my opinion. I heard that the week before they had as many flags. They need to get that fixed.

Still, IMG looks like they are ready for the next level and it will be interesting to see what they do in New Jersey at Bergen next week. Want to see if they can stop their running attack, and if Guarantano can pass on that huge defense. Should be a telling game to see if Cocoa is really that bad or if IMG is really that good.

IMG does have a nice facility. All very professional and NFL standards all they way.

I guess every team gets what they deserve. Wilks said he will play em again if they want another game next year. Only 5 seniors on the team this year. I reckon the Tigers will know what to expect if they play them again.
What kind of schedule does your team have this year? Normal HS or top comp?

IMG has a great QB in Patterson and a compliment of WR's to match his talent. The first stringer offense for IMG only needed the ball for about 10 minutes to put a real hurt on Cocoa's passing attack.IMG had many holdiing penalties. I've never seen as many holding calls or personal fouls, at keast 8 PF's, as I saw tonight. Add 2 unnecessary roughness flags and that was how it went. Cocoa may have had 3 flags all night. On the bright side for Cocoa. They stopped IMG's run game for most of the night and Timmy Pratt ran for about 5 yards a carry through that very big D-line. Judson was hurt in the middle of the first quarter and that ruined any chance for a passing game. IMG was loading the line on defense but Pratt still ground out at least a 100 yards. Not sure but I think Jusdon was taken out after throwing the ball, a fairly late hit in the ribs that took him out of the game. Hopefully he will be back for the St. Edward game.

'If any team beats IMG this year I will be surprised. They are truly an All-Star team with some top caliber athletes. Too bad they had so many personal or holding fouls. The PF's really were unnecessary, IMG's offense didn't need to take it that far after the whistle.

Bergen Catholic would have beaten IMG if their coach had NOT onside kicked.. 59-48 was some game without defense.. Bosco also beat up the Moeller hs of Cinncinati... Those 3 teams play

Bergen Catholic gave them all they could handle but lost 58-47.... Onside kick killed BC..... Those north Jersey teams are good.. Bosco beat Moeller 31-14, SJP of Phila55-21, play Bishop Gorman and Rummel of La.. Very good OOS schedule.......According to Max Preps their schedule is toughest in country.. I.E STA schedule is soft !!!!! Left France 2 days early..

Last edited:
... very good OOS schedule ... According to Max Preps their schedule is toughest in country...
Yeah ... maybe, but axst yourself this ... is the toughest schedule in the Country good enough? Now is the time for serious HS football fans (like us) to unite and DEMAND that the best HS team in the country receive grant money so they can be shot into outer space. It's time to let all these damn trash talkin aliens know we for real. Nomsayin?

Yeah ... maybe, but axst yourself this ... is the toughest schedule in the Country good enough? Now is the time for serious HS football fans (like us) to unite and DEMAND that the best HS team in the country receive grant money so they can be shot into outer space. It's time to let all these damn trash talkin aliens know we for real. Nomsayin?
Could not understand your use of the English language i.e axst,nomsayin,we for real ???? How old are you???

Last edited:
Could not understand you use of the English language i.e axst,nomsayin,we for real ???
Just cause you can't understand Nu'Trelle, he ain't one to hold somethin like that against you, nomsayin?

But in the meantime, is gettin down to the toughest schedule in the Country really good enough? Ain't it at least twice as important to figure out who the best HS team in the WORLD (as in "Universe")? Once we figure out who they is, how hard could it be to shoot our best team into Outer Space?

Just cause you can't understand Nu'Trelle, he ain't one to hold somethin like that against you, nomsayin?

But in the meantime, is gettin down to the toughest schedule in the Country really good enough? Ain't it at least twice as important to figure out who the best HS team in the WORLD (as in "Universe")? Once we figure out who they is, how hard could it be to shoot our best team into Outer Space?
Have a great day "Nu'Trelle" !!! The last bastion of correct English turned into Ebonics............. Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

LOL, you always make me laugh.
Maybe next year IMG can take on a FCS team?

Bergen Catholic would have beaten IMG if their coach had NOT onside kicked.. 59-48 was some game without defense.. Bosco also beat up the Moeller hs of Cinncinati... Those 3 teams play

Not so certain BC would have won if they didn't do onside kicks. They would have still had to stop IMG if they kicked touch backs. I believe IMG had less punts than BC. Aside from that, BC practiced the pooch and onside's way before IMG, they used it on all the teams they have played and it worked out for them. That was part of their game. What I don't get is why Nuzio continued to do it. Stubborn coach and play calls may have been what gave IMG some very quick points. I'm sure Nuzio will think about his game plan for the rest of the season.

Not so certain BC would have won if they didn't do onside kicks. They would have still had to stop IMG if they kicked touch backs. I believe IMG had less punts than BC. Aside from that, BC practiced the pooch and onside's way before IMG, they used it on all the teams they have played and it worked out for them. That was part of their game. What I don't get is why Nuzio continued to do it. Stubborn coach and play calls may have been what gave IMG some very quick points. I'm sure Nuzio will think about his game plan for the rest of the season.
Cat, good to hear from you.. Nunz gave them 14 pts and will continue to be a "crap shooter"... He cost Bosco a state title with that stuff and Toal put a stop to it.. You may have a point, but BC went after them and never quit.......... Still, it put BC in catch mode up all game and neither team played good defense, however IMG is explosive.. IMG is a bunch of trash talkers that I don't care for.. Nunzio will think about that plus others, hopefully, for more than a year.. I want to see how Bosco D does against not only BC but BG and Rummel.. Good talking to you..

I defiantly give BC respect. I've always liked that team. Best fans, the field has a great feel to it, and the team never quits. Lots of pride in Oradell.
Anyone that can hang with IMG gets a vote from me plain and simple.
Guarantano and Feaster are special players. I'm sure there are plenty more but those 2 are flat athletes..
Hopefully BC takes it to St. Edward. Someone needs to soften them up before Cocoa plays them. LOL. I would love to see my guys hang with them, but it is a long way to OHIO for a small school to travel and compete for 4 quarters.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT