ADVERTISEMENT

I'm no longer watching the NFL - College and High School Ball only

I'm sorry, did you need someone to acknowledge and legitimize your television viewing habits? Good on you for not watching professional football on television anymore.
Better?

Just putting it out there that I'm tired of the kneeling and whining. I'm out of the DWTS game.

Hate to say it guys but certain comments recently made will have an adverse affect to NFL (and probably college too) players kneeling.... When a person in that position makes a big deal out of something they really should not be focused on it will only bring more people out as adversaries in the cause that many of you hate...

This Sunday should be interesting after that....

Hate to say it guys but certain comments recently made will have an adverse affect to NFL (and probably college too) players kneeling.... When a person in that position makes a big deal out of something they really should not be focused on it will only bring more people out as adversaries in the cause that many of you hate...

This Sunday should be interesting after that....
The course of history is often messy. Change, unfortunately, does not often come from goodwill.

Perhaps, this song says it all. For let's get real, its all about the lyrics regardless of what you may pretend:

Fanning the flames of a dwindling fire... Expect this to grow.

EC, Mr. Mellencamp is a true artist and I am an old man. Old folks have a habit of speaking their mind. We are at a crossroads.

As a country, the USA needs honest conversation if it is to go forward, regardless of direction.

Reactions: peezy28
I am still watching... I mean if you guys didn't stop watching when the NFL was allowing murderers rapist and wife beaters to play why stop now.
This. Right here.
I guess supporting the disinterested, blank standing upright is more important than citizens lying dead in the street.

No intelligent individual...dude, who are you talking to? Jambun, how you arrived at your conclusion from what Peezy said is beyondbelief...that's the flavarsity I remember.....As for the NFL, it's a stale predicable product. 32 clones with varying talent levels calling the same plays with the same strategies..Roger that. .

How did I KNOW Mr. Moonie was going to be a T-Rumper?

I have looked for a list of NFL players who took a knee this weekend. Not those who stood with arms locked. Those who knelt. I'm interested in knowing how many Caucasian players and how many African-American players took a knee. I can't find such a list.

Perhaps, this song says it all. For let's get real, its all about the lyrics regardless of what you may pretend:

Poignant choice there DB2. SK thinks Johnny Mellencamp is one of America's greatest balladeers. Here's one of my favorites because I was in the breadbasket when this was going on. Not many of the farm boys I played with went back to the family farm...

I am still watching... I mean if you guys didn't stop watching when the NFL was allowing murderers rapist and wife beaters to play why stop now.
Who says we were still watching?

Trust this, peezy. Lots of us stopped watching pro football a long, long time ago. The thing that drove Nu'Trelle away was buying a copy of "Pros and Cons: The Criminals Who Play in the N.F.L." by Jeff Benedict and Don Yaeger.

Book was originally published in 1998 and pulls no punches. The accounts are both factual and graphic. Got about halfway through the book and threw the thing down in total disgust. The NFL was (and still is) paying plenty of guys mega-bucks who have committed very serious crime.

If you don't mind watching entertainment with a sundry mix of thugs, lowlifes, and other miscreants thrown in, then no doubt about it, the NFL is a total dream come true.

Maybe the NFL will finally ban the playing of our National Anthem?

And they definitely need to rid the league of any group known as the "Patriots". It's a piss poor fit.

Poignant choice there DB2. SK thinks Johnny Mellencamp is one of America's greatest balladeers. Here's one of my favorites because I was in the breadbasket when this was going on. Not many of the farm boys I played with went back to the family farm...

Sk, an artist, as distinct from an entertainer, is one who has something to say. He/she is often a tortured soul. JM is, in a world largely populated by entertainers, an artist. All great, self sustaining societies, need artists. For without them, as Yeats so presciently observed, " ... The falcon cannot hear the falconer; Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world, ...".

I have always liked Mellencamp's music because I appreciate his honesty; his willingness to put himself out there and not just present work solely for its perceived commercial success. Without the world's true artists, much as without the great religions of the world, humankind is reduced to animal status. And, thus, we owe the Mellencamp's of the world a large debt of thanks!

Reactions: Neutral 0bserver
Sk, an artist, as distinct from an entertainer, is one who has something to say. He/she is often a tortured soul. JM is, in a world largely populated by entertainers, an artist. All great, self sustaining societies, need artists. For without them, as Yeats so presciently observed, " ... The falcon cannot hear the falconer; Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world, ...".

I have always liked Mellencamp's music because I appreciate his honesty; his willingness to put himself out there and not just present work solely for its perceived commercial success. Without the world's true artists, much as without the great religions of the world, humankind is reduced to animal status. And, thus, we owe the Mellencamp's of the world a large debt of thanks!

Great stuff man, couldn't have said it better myself. Dude can chain smoke can't he. I ove the little bop he does in front of the church in scarecrow, makes me feel like Kansas again.

Who says we were still watching?

Trust this, peezy. Lots of us stopped watching pro football a long, long time ago. The thing that drove Nu'Trelle away was buying a copy of "Pros and Cons: The Criminals Who Play in the N.F.L." by Jeff Benedict and Don Yaeger.

Book was originally published in 1998 and pulls no punches. The accounts are both factual and graphic. Got about halfway through the book and threw the thing down in total disgust. The NFL was (and still is) paying plenty of guys mega-bucks who have committed very serious crime.

If you don't mind watching entertainment with a sundry mix of thugs, lowlifes, and other miscreants thrown in, then no doubt about it, the NFL is a total dream come true.

Maybe the NFL will finally ban the playing of our National Anthem?

And they definitely need to rid the league of any group known as the "Patriots". It's a piss poor fit.

I just thought... If folk were posting on a thread with said title then they might still watch... Personally if I hadn't watched the NFL in however long its been for you (did you read the book in 1998) then I probably would not even be in this conversation as I dont watch it anyone so nothing to add.

I am sure I watch much worse things than the NFL to be honest.

Reactions: DarterBlue2
... Personally if I hadn't watched the NFL in however long its been for you (did you read the book in 1998?) then I probably would not even be in this conversation as I don't watch it anyone so nothing to add...

Bought the book in paperback, peezy. Forget exactly when. Probably was sometime between 2000 and 2005. Maybe I read half of it. Just couldn't believe the stories of the human garbage that was allowed to play in the NFL, earn mega-bucks, and pass themselves off as "heroes".

Why would I offer comment about people who choose to demonstrate open disrespect for the U.S. flag even though I no longer watch pro football?

I was born here. The U.S.A. has always been home. I'm an American. I love my country. I love our flag and what it stands for. When it was my time to serve, I swore allegiance to our flag, wore my uniform proudly and would have laid down my life. If I eventually get too old to stand for our anthem, I'll see if I can find someone who can help me to my feet.

Bought the book in paperback, peezy. Forget exactly when. Probably was sometime between 2000 and 2005. Maybe I read half of it. Just couldn't believe the stories of the human garbage that was allowed to play in the NFL, earn mega-bucks, and pass themselves off as "heroes".

Why would I offer comment about people who choose to demonstrate open disrespect for the U.S. flag even though I no longer watch pro football?

I was born here. The U.S.A. has always been home. I'm an American. I love my country. I love our flag and what it stands for. When it was my time to serve, I swore allegiance to our flag, wore my uniform proudly and would have laid down my life. If I eventually get too old to stand for our anthem, I'll see if I can find someone who can help me to my feet.

Kudos... and if I am around I will help you to your feet.

I have looked for a list of NFL players who took a knee this weekend. Not those who stood with arms locked. Those who knelt. I'm interested in knowing how many Caucasian players and how many African-American players took a knee. I can't find such a list.

Good idea...lol. The NFL is 70% black and the rest is a mixture of muts
Because it's what I'm looking for. You go look for what you want to find. What do you care?
LOL........FOOL
You kilt me...................lol

------------ BREAK ------------
I'm glad you got rid of the gay "my neighbor deal" lol

Watching the AL Wildcard game at my neighbor David’s house. No one took a knee during a chilling National Anthem. I don’t feel like disunity won out at all - quite the contrary, the sense of solidarity emanated palpably from Yankee Stadium all the way to David’s television. The NFL still has a lot to learn and should understand that, despite popularity, there is ample reason why baseball - not football - is our National Pastime. David said, “it’s sort of like the NFL is Hillary and the MLB is Trump...”

“it’s sort of like the NFL is Hillary and the MLB is Trump...”
I wish David would teach the NFL a lesson from the comfort of his home. This "hey homie lets take a dude they aint gonna do not'n to us" attitude should be tested. Those millionaire NFL players need an attitude adjustment

Correction
I wish David would teach the NFL a lesson from the comfort of his home. This "hey homie lets do this they aint gonna do not'n to us" attitude should be tested. Those millionaire NFL players need an attitude adjustment

No one took a knee during a chilling National Anthem

It was chilling was it?

Watching the AL Wildcard game at my neighbor David’s house. No one took a knee during a chilling National Anthem. I don’t feel like disunity won out at all - quite the contrary, the sense of solidarity emanated palpably from Yankee Stadium all the way to David’s television. The NFL still has a lot to learn and should understand that, despite popularity, there is ample reason why baseball - not football - is our National Pastime. David said, “it’s sort of like the NFL is Hillary and the MLB is Trump...”

Its the national pasttime because its been around a lot longer than football.....

thank you, swett - I understand now. And I agree.
Peezy, that's just silly. Plenty of things have been around for eons that are far from beloved. And, yes, it was chilling to witness the artist, fans and players alike join in and sing the anthem together! There is a large world outside of the nfl.

I'm not a fan if baseball... never have been... So it's not my national past time...

I'm not a fan if baseball... never have been... So it's not my national past time...
.....or anyone under 60 years old. Although at one time your's truly wasn't a bad lefty hitting, leadoff batter, that roamed center field like a lighter and younger version of Willie Mays. Take that George the dinosaur. #stillkickingass

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT