ADVERTISEMENT

I'm no longer watching the NFL - College and High School Ball only

So many issues have an effect on ratings. Are people refusing to watch because of the kneelers? Sure. Are there people refusing to watch because teams don't sign CK, yup. I do think the first group is bigger.

As for for CK and MB were doing during the hurricanes vs what a police officer is doing is a strawman argument. CK and MB have never said that all police officers are bad, but instead they have said police brutality is wrong and that it happens way too often at the expense of people of color. Why is that a controversial statement? They have protested non-violently. Remember when everybody was freaking out over protests in Ferguson and Baltimore, when BLM blocked streets, these kneelers aren't doing that. They take a knee. Nobody even noticed CK doing it the first 2 times he did it. Heck, the Browns players said they were specifically praying for our nation during their knee.

As for the NFL losing viewers, the NFL is still king of TV. A good college match-up gets maybe 8 million viewers, a primetime NFL matchup is getting 24 million. It still is king of all TV. The NFL is also facing overload, too much for too long. There is no NFL off-season anymore. There used to be months that you wouldn't see or hear about the NFL, now there is something everyday. Heck, the NFL draft is 3 days long for 7 rounds and completely televised. The MLB draft is 3 days long for 40 rounds and not a single round is televised.

We have NFL Thursday, all day Sunday, and Monday and occasionally Saturdays. The Thursday Night football is trash and looks it every time.

The NFL has a lot of other issues, no true marketable stars. Peyton is gone. Eli and Brady are boring. Rodgers is good. O'dell is marketable. After that...who ? Even among the 3 Florida teams, the closest you thing you have to a marketable star is Jameis Winston, which nobody is going to touch until he wins a Super Bowl and his FSU allegations are forgotten about.

Dan in Daytona hit a great point where there are 32 teams running the exact same offenses with slightly different personnel, this is boring. At least in college, we still have variety. Georgia Tech, Navy, and Army run a different offense than FSU, UF, and Bama. Washington State and Texas Tech's Air Raid offense look and feel different than Ohio State's Spread Offense. That variety doesn't exist in the NFL.

Again, the money aspect is killing the NFL. The NFL cares only about TV contracts and not the fans i the seats, but the fans in the seats are the people who tune in on other days. The NFL has chosen to appeal to a wealthier fan, we see this with Personal Seat Licenses. We see upper-deck seats costing more than it's worth. We see the average fan in games not able to stay sober and becomes a question, do I really want to expose my family to this for 8 weeks.

As for those of you who chose not to watch because of the kneelers, I would still like to know why you watching Ben Roethlisberger, Ezekiel Elliot, or Ray Lewis when the things they did were a lot worse than kneeling.

It's only UN American and UN patriotic when you don't agree with it... Hey it is what it is.. I wored my Kaepernick Jersey today and while at McDonalds there were 3 army men down here(I think) about to order, I thank them for what they do and told them I have my reason why I would never be in the front line and I paid for their food... Sat with them and one of them was actually a 49ers fan like me and basically agreed with everything I said about Kaep and the kneeling.. We grub and they took off and made they trip to go help in key west... I'm born and raised in the United States but I also know that red white and blue flag do not represent me or other Americans that look like me... Guys enjoy not watching football as I actually didn't catch a NFL game yet this season...

Reactions: Dan in Daytona
I don't like criminals or kneelers, but that's my opinion.

If you think the NFL is going anywhere, you're smoking crack.

Chuck Maypop was the best player never to play in the NFL.

Now, take that with you.

My kind-hearted, yet misguided, neighbor, David, sent me this in a text this morning:
LA attendance:
Chargers - 25,381
Rams - 56,612
NFL combined - 81,993

USC v. Texas - 84,714

When I kneel, I drank water. When I kneel, I pray. When I kneel, I tie my shoes. When I kneel, I take knee to rest. When I kneel, I'm teaching a child the good and not the bad.

When I stand up, head facing forward, chest out, heels locked, left hand in a fist with my thumb next to the seam of my pants - I then salute a flag that has been saluted for 100's of years with the right hand

and when that's done, I have no regrets

Last edited:
You appear to be an awfully big feller to be locking your knees out. When I got married (in Massachusetts...it was fabulous), my neighbor David told me if I locked my knees out, I'd faint. Fortunately, I didn't have to learn that one the hard way!

Reactions: Mr-Robinson
You appear to be an awfully big feller to be locking your knees out. When I got married (in Massachusetts...it was fabulous), my neighbor David told me if I locked my knees out, I'd faint. Fortunately, I didn't have to learn that one the hard way!
heels

Nfl is way down on the list for me. I'll watch a bit here and there, but NCAA and HS is better. More passion and heart. Could care less on the stances of the players.

1. I don't like criminals or kneelers, but that's my opinion.

2. If you think the NFL is going anywhere, you're smoking crack.

3. Chuck Maypop was the best player never to play in the NFL.

Now, take that with you.

1. That's a reasonable opinion.
2. I agree with you.
3. Wish I had had the chance to see CM.

Reactions: peezy28
as my neighbor, David, reminded me almost a year ago - if you're not moving forward, you're losing ground. It isn't that the NFL is "going anywhere" - and that's their problem. Stagnation is a stage of regression.

Reactions: swett2victory
as my neighbor, David, reminded me almost a year ago - if you're not moving forward, you're losing ground. It isn't that the NFL is "going anywhere" - and that's their problem. Stagnation is a stage of regression.
Dude! What is this David loving comments on here? SICK!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is football not E-Harmony

This was guy's first ever post. Dude must be from the dark side

"I told my neighbor, David, this just the other day. My mule had gotten out again and I suspect that, perhaps, was why he was so grumpy - certainly he is not the insensitive bastard he seemed to be. David felt, among other things, that those who could play, should play."

Oh, I do love my neighbor, David. Haven’t I heard that from somewhere else? You know, that we all should love our neighbor as ourselves? I’m taken aback by your homophobic attack (eharmony is such a 2010 reference, by the way), but I will readily forgive you, if that’s what you desire. Hopefully you don’t desire tales of erotic love involving me and David – we are both married to lovely women (not that that is any of your business). Now that I’ve straightened that out, I simply mention my neighbor David as a means of reference – he was the speaker of the quote. How else would you know that he told me, if I didn’t cite his name? I am confused as to what you find “sick” and what Zoe finds funny, however...do moderators let this pass as acceptable behavior?
#disappointingin2017

Last edited:
thank you, Bartow...Billy, I was not in a good place while replying to the abuse I received; but you picked up on grammar over hatred - so good for you. I've corrected it for you now.

HA! My neighbor, David, who used to coach with a guy who is coaching at Tavares now, told me what a morph was. Evidently he even had a morph of his own! Too funny. Kind of like a burner account on Twitter like Kevin Durant has/had, right?

Reactions: peezy28
The Lions unis looked sharp last night. Watched about 15 minutes of the game. Not going to lie. Had to leave the living room because Wife started watching Dancing with the Stars. I went to my bedroom and watched about 15-20 minutes of the game and fell asleep.

Reactions: Zoe Boy and peezy28
Back to the original post....

Another Reason Why...

https://www.sbnation.com/2017/9/19/...olin-kaepernick-los-angeles-rams-owners-money

Basically, the owners can make more money by not caring about the product on the field. The Rams moving to LA, the Raiders moving from Oakland, the continued ownership of people who cash the checks, but don't have to improve the product on the field. The NFL is not about innovation or the next thing, it is about recycling old ideas and making small improvements.

Think about the Run and Shoot Offenses of Atlanta and Houston in the 90s, the 46 defenses of the Bears, the West Coast Offenses of the 49ers, the "Sugar" Huddles of the Buffalo Bills in the 90s. There is less of a need to innovate and try things. Even going to consistent 4 wide receiver shotgun sets is only after the colleges have tried it out.

Oh, I do love my neighbor, David. Haven’t I heard that from somewhere else? You know, that we all should love our neighbor as ourselves? I’m taken aback by your homophobic attack (eharmony is such a 2010 reference, by the way), but I will readily forgive you, if that’s what you desire. Hopefully you don’t desire tales of erotic love involving me and David – we are both married to lovely women (not that that is any of your business). Now that I’ve straightened that out, I simply mention my neighbor David as a means of reference – he was the speaker of the quote. How else would you know that he told me, if I didn’t cite his name? I am confused as to what you find “sick” and what Zoe finds funny, however...do moderators let this pass as acceptable behavior?
#disappointingin2017

I agree with Georgie, you guys comin' off a little itsiy bit homophotic... nomsayin?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT