ADVERTISEMENT

gun spread

tampa1

Oct 11, 2007
gonna start a 7on7 team at Bartow Middle school
Do you think Polk County will support 7on7 middle school as a sport?

How are middle school coaches paid? In Okaloosa County, they were all gym teachers and I believe received a small additional charge for coaching. They were thrilled to do it. Can your district afford additional coaches?

If you currently have no middle school football program, I would think 7 on 7 is better at that age than a full teaam. There is such variance in sizes at that age, it's hard to match up comparable players on the lines.

Polk County has Wrestling first nine weeks, but I would think Football would be much more popular

Why doesn't Polk county have middle school football? Hardee, Highlands and DeSoto do and Polk's population and tax base is bigger than the three of us put together.

Contact middle school football is very rare.
Hillsborough county has middle school flag football however

Why doesn't Polk county have middle school football? Hardee, Highlands and DeSoto do and Polk's population and tax base is bigger than the three of us put together.
Budget restraints (I'm told) but the sharp decline and subsequent death of middle school football started when Polk County junior high schools went to the middle school format across the board in 1993.

Also, Polk county has a strong little league program that would cause kids or parent to chose between the two

Middle school sports wouldn't in most cases cost the parents anything, but little league cost money to play (in my county $130 for football alone) so it wouldn't be a hard choice for me as a parent. I would guess that if you have to pay to play in HS for a particular county then you would have to pay in middle school also-- not sure if Polk makes you pay for high school sports

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT