ADVERTISEMENT

Going to Planet Cocoa tonight

MarkECannon

Gold Member
Oct 9, 2010
What is Planet Cocoa? It’s what people are calling the highly successful Cocoa Tigers football team because they are playing at a different level than all their opponents. They do have one blemish on this year’s record when they visited IMG.

The Miami Norland Vikings are traveling almost 200 miles up I-95 to play the the 2A #1 Tigers tonight. Norland is the 4A #2 ranked team. Their only loss was to Chaminade Madonna.

We’re talking some of the cream of the crop in the state of Florida. Both teams are loaded with D1 talent.

I took in two games last week. First saw the Apopka Blue Darters @ West Orange Warriors. Apopka took it on the chin with West Orange taking advantage of Apopka’s mistakes with long play TD’s. The Blue Darters are more than likely going to miss the playoffs for the first time since 1999. Quite a run by a well run program. The whole Apopka program is a joy to watch with the fans, the band, the cheerleaders, etc. support the team before, during and after the game. If you want to see a great example of how it should be done go see Apopka play.

Because of the storm postponements I traveled down the road to Haines City to see them play the Winter Haven Blue Devils. Haines City’s quick, fast skill players got loose enough to win. One name to remember is John Kostuch. He is Winter Haven’s QB. He was the best athlete on the field. Very fast with exceptional cutting ability. Could easily see him playing receiver or DB in college. Probably going under the radar as a recruit.

Reactions: Silver King
Hope you're keeping mileage - be fun to see how many miles you traveled in the pursuit of a great HS Football game.

How did everybody do with the Storm Surge, we got as much in Punta Gorda as down town Ft Myers did from Ian because of the direction. I live right on the river and fortunately this 1979 house was built under newer codes and raised. It was inches from getting in but did get the garage and waves broke into the pool, The neighbors the oldest on the block, was under two feet of water.

Helene was going to be the worst hurricane damage-wise just about before she made landfall with all the flooding.

Last edited:
SK, so you’re saying half your house is not resting in the middle of the Peace River? Here in Auburndale we just received a lot of wind and rain.

Planet Cocoa was rudely invaded by the Norland Vikings tonight. The Tigers dissected the Norland defense on the opening drive finishing it off with a beautiful pass from 2006 Michigan commit Brady Hart to UCF commit Jayvan Buggs in the corner of the end zone. Cocoa was done scoring as Norland’s defense shut them down until a TD in closing minutes. Norland dominated the rest of the first half scoring 3 straight TD’s to lead 20-7 at halftime.

The Vikings QB, Ennio Yapoor, got my vote for MVP tonight. Yapoor is listed 5’11” 225 lbs. He is looks like a mperfectly built power running back. He is a cool customer who seems to never get rattled. His passing and running proved to be the deciding factor along with Norland’s defense. The final score was Norland 26 Cocoa 14. You may call this an upset but tonight the Vikings were definitely the better team.

Coal City is the Coal City Coalers from Coal City, Illinois. There has to be some type of mistake because Carol City did not play them. Coal City beat another team from Illinois 50-0. Carol City beat South Miami 46-0. Scorestream must have a glitch.

Last edited:
Coal City is the Coal City Coalers from Coal City, Illinois. There has to be some type of mistake because Carol City did not play them. Coal City beat another team from Illinois 50-0. Carol City beat South Miami 46-0. Scorestream must have a glitch.
From

Southwest Scoreboard​

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT