ADVERTISEMENT

Girls Basketball 6A State Championship Game: Charlotte vs St Thomas Aquinas

Silver King

Nov 29, 2002
Punta Gorda
This was the Lady Tarps 3rd straight Regional appearance and they finally got over the hump - now they get the beast of the east (STA beat them in the Region their first appearance).

Maybe I can draw out Oracle and Linebacker 52 - the posters responsible for my very first FL VA post in 2002 after their, "STA is headed over to the West Coast for their annual playoff tuneup," remark.

Reactions: Wavebb
Great Coach, turned the program around immediatley when he took over. His little brother played BB/FB with my youngest and they won a NC in Pop Warner. Matt Stephenson's whole family played hoops for the Tarps, his middle brother Chris is an assistant - his father was a great AAU Coach. He's sent a number of girls off to play in college. I don't see how a college doesn't snatch him up soon.

Reactions: Wavebb
I might go see the Boy’s Fighting Tarpons at Wharton tonight. Daughter in law is cheer coach. Youngest granddaughter is cheerleading and middle granddaughter is the team statistician.

Reactions: Silver King
I might go see the Boy’s Fighting Tarpons at Wharton tonight. Daughter in law is cheer coach. Youngest granddaughter is cheerleading and middle granddaughter is the team statistician.
Didn’t make to the game. Wharton turned out to really be a tough place to play. Wharton’s student section had done their homework. They knew all the names of the Charlotte players and berated them by name all game. The Tarpons were never a threat to win the game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT