ADVERTISEMENT

Gator QB Situation

Choctaw_fan

Gold Member
Oct 31, 2003
Grier lost his appeal and Harris is definitely not the future for the Gators. He can't compete against a weaker D-1 defense. They need to try someone new in this game. Don't want to do it next week against FSU.

Something has got to change!

I told you guys the appeal was a waste of time the NCAA is cut and dry on these things.

Yes, you were right.

Harris just took a hard hit after a long run and is leaving the game. They are putting some named Brady. Has anyone heard of him?

Josh Grady... From Tampa (Armwood), transfered for his SR from VANDERBILT.... Better off with Harris

OMG! SEC Network gave Harris Player of the Game honors. The Gators would have won by four TDs if Grier were playing. Instead, they barely won in overtime.

Brian Poole is player of the game IMO. Had two pass breakups on the last two plays of overtime.

What about Choctaws QB from last year...Gornto? He walked on this year......either way I can't wait to make it 3 in a row next week : )

He's still on the roster but they have a 6'5" junior QB they are not using. At least the junior could see over the o-line. Treon can't!

I watched the FSU game. It's going to be tough for the Gators. I also watched Miami vs. Georgia Tech. I still can't believe FSU lost to them.

We had a big brain fart against Gtech.... Fisher does that every once in a while last time was NC State 2 years ago

Grier lost his appeal and Harris is definitely not the future for the Gators. He can't compete against a weaker D-1 defense. They need to try someone new in this game. Don't want to do it next week against FSU.

Something has got to change!

Ummm I was on Lake Istokpoga but I didn't watch some of the game on my iphone. Harris made one or two mistakes but the rest of the time it was the Offensive Line that was sucking and has been sucking since game 1. Even with Grier he had to escape from the collapsing pocket every game. Again the problem on offense is neither QB but their whole OLine because there is only one returner from last year that started. Last year Harris didn't do bad like this so its not the QB as in Harris. Its the OLine.

Reactions: Cat_Scratch
I don't know. I saw that same o-line open some great holes for Taylor. Are they only bad in pass coverage? How long do you expect them to protect the QB without getting a holding penalty?

My concern is what do we have to look forward to next year? Grier with be out half the season if he ever comes back. Do the Gators have a 5 star QB coming in early so he can learn their system? If not, the end of this year and most of next are going to be miserable. We could have three straight losses on the horizon!

UMass, Kentucky, North Texas, Tennessee, Vanderbilt,and LSU. I see at least two losses and maybe three. Both Tennessee and Kentucky are getting better and LSU is always tough. It is an easier schedule than normal.

We know the Gators will lose a lot of their defense to the draft. They will lose McGee, Showers, and possibly Robinson as receivers. They just finally found some good receivers. I'm hoping for great recruiting class!

Last edited:
Harris is not an accurate passer and every ball he throws has a hump on it, no velocity. There were times he left the pocket yesterday when he didn't need to. I think UF will recruit well with this success and continue to own Kentucky, UT will be tough, LSU will have a new coach... Next year is another East title and 10 win season. Need a better qb though.

I don't know. I saw that same o-line open some great holes for Taylor. Are they only bad in pass coverage? How long do you expect them to protect the QB without getting a holding penalty?

My concern is what do we have to look forward to next year? Grier with be out half the season if he ever comes back. Do the Gators have a 5 star QB coming in early so he can learn their system? If not, the end of this year and most of next are going to be miserable. We could have three straight losses on the horizon!

Exactly mainly the LEFT SIDE!!! This is why both Grier and now Harris always rolls to the right side more than anything. Also yes Harris is not accurate like he was last year but it does not mean he is not good. I think he has smoked up too much ganja'!!!!

Uhh.. look at the roster again. The Gators are loaded next year. The o-line improvement is the key.

He is not an SEC Championship qb, ganja or no.
Yes he is!!! He did great last year but how would you feel if somebody came in and took your job? He has issues but Grier does to. The OLine is loaded next year but then the Defense is losing unless most of the JRs decide to stay to try to win the big one to increase their stock.

In the games Harris played last season, he had a 44% completion rate and 4 interceptions. Guess that looked good compared to Driskel's 10 picks. Here's the stats:
http://flavarsity.forums.rivals.com/threads/gator-qb-situation.6671/#post-44192.

Grier was throwing too hard early but soon settled in and did a great job. His completion rate was 64% and Harris is at 51%. Harris only averages 19 rushing yards per game so his legs are not making up the difference. Opposing teams have watched the film and will expose all his weaknesses. Everybody gave up on Driskel. Why should we stand behind Harris?

They need to find someone new or give up on this season!

They need to find someone new or give up on this season!
Come on Choctaw, I'm a Gator Hater, but give up on a potential 11 or 12 win season ? This new guy has basically taken last years lousy team, with the addition of a couple new wide outs and flipped it 180 degrees. As a Cane/Nole fan, this coach is trouble.

Dan, you misunderstood me. I have given up which is why I think now is the time to find a new QB.

Yes he is!!! He did great last year but how would you feel if somebody came in and took your job? He has issues but Grier does to. The OLine is loaded next year but then the Defense is losing unless most of the JRs decide to stay to try to win the big one to increase their stock.

Too many times these days kids don't give a darn about winning championships... The minute they get that draft grade that puts them in the top 3 rounds they are out.

Has anyone seen the QB from Wakulla? I know they made the playoffs.

He decommitted from LSU and is expected to commit to Florida. He's 6'5" and 220 lbs. He'll be able to see over that o-line!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT