ADVERTISEMENT

Fort Myers 30 North Fort Myers 33 & other games

gatorman001

Aug 31, 2003
I know nothing about the game really, other than the final score. Had my eye on Fort Myers as they appear to be the only school in region 3 I believe, has any kind of chance to challenge Manatee. Going into the game Fort Myers was the favorite by both Calpreps and the Lazindex. What I do know is by the 2QT North Fort Myers was up on Fort Myers 26-7 and that was the score going into half. At that point Fort Myers once the 3rd QT started, proceeded to fight its way back. 53 yard FG made in it 10-26 in the 3rd, then a 5 yard TD run made it 16-26 with Foty Myers attempting a 2 point play which was unsucessful. North Fort Myers then connected on a 70 pass play for a TD to make it 33-16 in the 3rd QT. A 20 yard TD run by Fort Myers in the 4th QT makes it 33-22 with Fort Myers missing on the PAT. With about 8 minutes left in the game Fort yers gets a INT, and then connect on a 10 yard play for a TD and this time was successful on the 2 point play to make it now 33-30 North Forth Myers.

Fort Myers get the ball with about 2 minutes left, but consecutive sacks put Fort Myers in a 3rd and 20+ yards siituation. Fort Myers turns the ball over on downs and it a win for North Fort Myers. Making both Fort Myers and North Fort Myers 5-1 for the season, with North Fort Myers only loss being a 51-7 loss to Port Charlotte.

Another big game for Lee County teams was a OT game between Dunbar and Naples, which Dunbar lost 21-20. Naples RB Shawn Simeon running for over 200 yards and scoring 2 TD's, the last TD coming in OT to secure the winning score. Naples was up 14-0 in the 2nd half. only to have Dunbar fight back to tie it up at 14 at the end on regulation. The last 3 games between these two teams have all been classics. Dunbar decide to go for the 2 point play in OT and failed gives you the final 21-20 score.

Finally, Bishop Verot knocked off previously undefeated First Baptist Academy 34-28 FBA had won its first 4 games by big scores, having knocked off Port Charlotte last week 31-13. Bishop Verot has played a pretty burtal schedule thus far, so I dont know you can call this a upset. Cant tell you much about this either other than it was 14-14 in the 3rd QT when FBA went up 21-14. From there Bishop Verot woud score 3 unanswered TD's to go up 34-21 before FBA scored late to give us the final 34-28.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT