ADVERTISEMENT

Florida leads NFL with players, STA top high school

FILE UNDER: LITTLE KNOWN FACKS

To this day, most people remain convinced that Marvin Hamlisch wrote the song "Nobody Does It Better" for the James Bond thriller "The Spy Who Loved Me", but as Hamlisch once secretly admitted, the song was actually written to honor the behind-the-scenes architects of the STA football program.

Said the Grammy Award-winning songwriter, "The men who put this football program on the map adopted the same philosophy as SMU's Ron Meyer, they weren't searching for athletes who could help them win state titles or play in college, their focus was on finding and signing players with the potential to play in the NFL."

When asked how Grammy-nominated singer Carly Simon was selected to record the song, Hamlisch said, "That was a no-brainer. Five years earlier, Carly had written and recorded a song about STA's self-absorbed fanbase."

You know what I like about that article? The two guys from STA on the Bengals can listen to their teammate, former Tarpon Marcus Hardison, tell them his high school beat theirs last time the met in the Regional final.

Is "Trelle" the same person as Neutral 0bserver? Sometimes Neutral 0bserver calls himself "Nu'Trelle" which looks like an awfully similar screen name.

Is "Trelle" the same person as Neutral 0bserver.
Nope. Nu'Trelle Neutral Observer's street name (cause if you're gonna have any street cred these days, your name need to have an apostrophe). Trelle - well, he just Trelle.
Sometimes Neutral 0bserver calls himself "Nu'Trelle" which looks like an awfully similar screen name.
Yeh, similar type deal with gatorman001 and gatorman-UF ... although, admittedly, it's hard to get anybody mixed-up with gatorman001.

Nope I think we been around for just as long as each other but different people. I'm a Vero guy check the board daily just read more than post since I'm out of state now. I made this handle back when I played for Vero my last name is Colontrelle and Trelle was my nickname. Mike Singer last year confused us too during the weekly game picks contest.

BTW what happened to that?

I am a fan of Nu'Trelle and his insightful post however lol

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT