ADVERTISEMENT

Fla Varsity High School Football Talk

FlaVarsity.com

Gold Member
Apr 28, 2022
Find out what some of the top players in the state are saying about football and sports now!

......................................................................................................

Q&A with Bokey athlete David Parks
How did the high school football season go overall?
“We went 10-3 and won our district. By most standards it was a pretty good year but at Seminole the ultimate goal every year is a state championship. Personally, I was able to showcase my athleticism as a 2nd year varsity starter. At a school that consistently produces top level college athletes, that is something to be proud of for sure. Primarily I started at receiver plus I got reps throughout the year at TE, RB and QB. I was the punter for the second year in a row too.”

What are your plans now with sports and workouts?
“I was on the weight lifting team again this year. I traded my track spikes for hockey skates though. My younger brother is a freshman at Seminole and plays AAA travel hockey. I figured if I end up enrolling early next year, this might be my last chance for him and I to play on the same team in any sport so we are playing high school hockey together for Seminole County. I'm playing 7on7 too. It's only players from Seminole High School. We've been jelling and coming together well. We've won 3 tournaments.”

How do you feel your team will do next football season?
“We bring a lot of really talented players back on both sides of the ball that are getting offers from the top schools in the country. On offense Rodney Grant III returns in the backfield, Max Bucannon, Jayshawn Woods and Jadon Blake anchor the line and Kenyon Holden and Frank Hicks are ready to step up at receiver. We added one of the top '26 QBs in the nation in Mike Clayton RBs Khamani Robinson and Amari Major plus Devin Voltaire at receiver. Our offense is loaded and will be ready to put on a show.”

What team do you feel will be the toughest competition on your schedule?
“We open up against Jones High School in Camping World Stadium. Two of the best programs in Central Florida going at each other in the kickoff classic will be electric. We travel to Lake Wales and of course Lake Mary is a district game that is always circled on the calendar.”

Who is the toughest individual player your team will face off against?
“We consistently play against some of the best players in the state week in and week out. But honestly the dudes we line up against in practice every day are the best of the best. Its a blessing to battle with top recruits Ethan Pritchard, Juan Berchal and the younger guys like Rasheem Turner, David Coleman and Jalin Chaplin. They help our offense prepare. If we can move the ball against those guys, we feel like we can play with anybody.”

......................................................................................................
Q&A with The First Academy linebacker Noah Maddox
What have you been doing as of late with off-season workouts?
“Training with my team and my trainer at Delacruz Sports Performance.”

What do you feel you have improved on most since last football season?
“Spent a lot of time watching film so football IQ would be one of the biggest improvements.”

“If we work as a team and trust each other the sky's the limit. We have talent all over the field.”

“We play one of the toughest schedules in the state. Every game is a challenge and we need to be locked in every week.”

“Looking forward to playing against a good friend and old Pop Warner teammate of mine Semaj Fleming (Edgewater).”

Q&A with Santaluces linebacker Tre Robinson Jr.
“As for the offseason, I have been working on continuing to build strength and become more explosive and faster.”

“I feel that I have improved on my speed since last season because I’ve lost 15 pounds since the season ended and I worked with our school's track coach to improve on my speed.”

“I feel that my team will do great this year! We have a very strong senior class that are hungry and ready to compete.”

“I feel that a team that will be decent competition to us will be palm beach central, but I’m very confident that we will come out and handle business when we play them in week 4.”

“The toughest individual on our team will probably be 2025 Ath Israel “Izzy” Marion. Izzy is really dynamic, he’s really explosive and makes big plays @ slot and outside WR. This year he’s going to be playing RB, Slot, Outside WR, and DB.”

Q&A with Gulf tight end/defensive end Aiden Holewski
“I haven’t stopped working since the season ended, but as of late, in the last couple weeks I’ve been doing two-a-days with my team, along with a Saturday scrimmage on the first week we padded up.”

“I think I’ve improved most on my size (muscle wise) and all around becoming more athletic.”

“I think my team and I will do great next season, we have a lot of football to look forward too and the sky's the limit with these boys.”

“The team that I feel will be our toughest competitors is Zephyrhills. They always have some GUYS every year.”

“From an all-around athletic standpoint, Zephyrhills DJ Picket will probably be the toughest athlete we will face.”

Q&A with Lake Mary outside linebacker Luke Prieto
“This off-season I’ve been weight training in the mornings and after school getting my bench up to 350 as well as doing speed training trying to get my 40 down to a 4.4 (it's at 4.5 right now) and trying to gain muscle.”

“I feel that my tackling has improved the most this offseason from wrestling which I did this offseason.”

“I believe we are a state championship caliber team and have the pieces to make a run.”

“Week 1, Cardinal Gibbons.”

“The toughest individual player that I know of as of now will probably be Tavion Swint (UCF RB commit).”

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News