ADVERTISEMENT

First female football scholarship player - chick kicker

Silver King

Nov 29, 2002
Punta Gorda
Her longest FG of the season was 30 yards and she hit 30 of 33 PATs. Sounds kind of like an average Prep kicker to me. Think has PR all over it.

My old high school football coach, Fred Goldsmith, who would have played a Martian or an Orangoutang if it would have helped us win, got sued for cutting a female kicker at Duke. She just wasn't good enough, didn't have the leg, but somehow won a lawsuit. Now this - I watched 15 teams play this season, aside from one of the Miami teams (don't think they even carry a kicking coach) most of them had stats equal to or better than that - our kicker, a natural sophomore kicked 2 over 50 and a couple over 40. Hit like 32 straight PATs

Reactions: peezy28
She would be an average to average + high school kicker across the board. Kind of similar to the typical kicker that Apopka has had over the last decade. Now I will say that two or three of those have gone on to kick on college rosters. So, while she is clearly not outstanding, it does not mean she will not have a degree of success at the next level.

At best, though, she should be a walk-on status candidate or a D2 type kicker.

Last edited:
Biggest thing scouts look at these days is touchbacks and leg strength.
It is a lot easier to fix technique and ultimately accuracy than build leg strength.

If a Kicker does not kick at least half of their kicks as touchbacks , they generally are rarely recruited D1 .

I'll just say it.... I smell PC after watching this video.

Last edited:
Reactions: peezy28
I'm all for women breaking into men's sports but this isn't how it should happen. I would have rather seen what Cheryl Miller or Britteny Griner could do in the NBA. At least they each had the skills to compete. Leave football to the men!

Reactions: Silver King
Biggest thing scouts look at these days is touchbacks and leg strength.
It is a lot easier to fix technique and ultimately accuracy than build leg strength.

If a Kicker does not kick at least half of their kicks as touchbacks , they generally are rarely recruited D1 .

I'll just say it.... I smell PC after watching this video.

Nothing demoralizes like every drive started after a touchback.

Reactions: BrowardHandicapper
one of the best thing coach kp ever did

kicker misses fg in practice in goal line simulation

play resumes without kicker but hes lurking near huddle

context: kicker is the quiet team clown, works hard, doesnt talk around coaches but is a pure legend w the boyz

enter kp

kp makes the kicker hand him the ball. kp punts the ball onto our game field (over a fence) and tells the kicker to run, get it, and bring it back to him.

repeat 7-9 times.

kp is a legend.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT