ADVERTISEMENT

Fire Saban?

22wham

Sep 28, 2009
Seriously - to the bama fans that were blowing up the finebaum show...relax it is a long season!

thank you - any fan base that has a fan that poisons trees is probably not the most logical

Hey at least they weren't flying the banners over the stadium "Fire Al Golden" like they were in Miami before the Nebraska game. That plane landed when the Canes got off to a great start, then after that 15 yard sideline penalty he took in the 4th quarter, they scrambled the pilot to get back in the air like you see in the WWII movie Spitfire and the RAF during the Battle of Britain.

My feeling is this isn't Dynasty mode in the video game... if it was, Saban would be #1

No one is going to win every year. Even having the #1 recruiting class does not guarantee a championship. As a Gator fan, I remember all the championships and just hope for win each weekend. A new coach does not necessarily guarantee better results!

Sabah on d, Spurrier on o, and McElwain grinning like a Cheshire Cat!

A little birdie told me UCF would make a call to Saban if he left Bama...I think that bird might have gotten into some antifreeze...

Nothing eases the pain of Auburn losses and QB issues like a BAMA loss and the gnashing of teeth that results from it.

I wonder if Phyllis was on the fire Saban chain... (and Finebaum calls FSU fans the worst in the world HAHAHAHA)

Saban needs to do a Urban Meyer and fake a heart attack, retire, and resurface with a Big-10 ten team.

Is Nu'Trelle a fan? Yes. Is he what you would call a "die hard" fan? Hell no. Nu'Trelle watch his team play. If they win, they win. If the other team is better that day, well, sometimes that's how it goes. Turn the page and move on. Think about something different. "Die hard fan" to Nu'Trelle translates to "Jack-ass". Here's what we're talkin bout.

Nu'Trelle have a frenn of 40 years who an Alabama fan, "die-hard" as you can get. The man live and die Crimson Tide. When they on TV, the man go beserk watchin the game. If he had heart issues, watchin a Bama game would defney kill the man. Even if they coast home 60-0, the man's blood pressure easily go past 160-170. There's really no way to describe what he put hisself through 13-14 times a year. You'd have to see it to believe it. Whatever you might imagine, he's 10 time worse than that. Nu'Trelle bein dead serious.

Last time Nu'Trelle were over to his house with Bama on TV, the Tide fumbled, got intercepted or somethin. The man thought the officials had missed a call that would have nullified the turnover. They started showin replays and he axed Nu'Trelle what he thought. Just to appease the guy, Nu'Trelle said somethin like, "It's defney close". Thats when the man totally blew up. He come up out his chair and said, "No one's gonna sit in my _____ house and root for the other team."

He were so pissed when he walked Nu'Trelle out the door, he looked ready to take a swing. The man weigh 160 pounds soakin wet. If Nu'Trelle had hit him, he woulda knocked him into next week. This was 4 or 5 years ago. Nu'Trelle wouldn't go back to the man's house to watch a football game on a bet ... even a sizable bet.

Based on that and other things you read, Nu'Trelle would guess it's entirely possible that Bama fans take their losses more bitterly than fans of any football team known to man (i.e., HS, college, or pro). When a team beats them in football, to a truly die-hard Tide supporter, it's almost as if someone whipped it out and urinated on the Bear's grave. Losing is simply something they cannot tolerate.

Reactions: Pipe Dreams
I think the last time Pops tried to escape from the old folks home he got caught and put in a straight jacket and moved to a padded room. Something about burning a Buckeye tree got him all fired up. His scoot around wasn't fully charged only reason he got caught.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT