ADVERTISEMENT

Eau Gallie means Rocky Waters

MarkECannon

Gold Member
Oct 9, 2010
I’m going to Eau Gallie High School tonight to see the Eau Gallie Commodores take on the University Orange City Titans. Eau Gallie was an independent town that agreed to merge with Melbourne in 1969.

Anyhow, Eau Gallie is ranked #15 in Florida by MaxPreps. The Laz Index says the Commodores are a 10 point favorite. Both teams are undefeated.

For Gatorman and Silver King, I don’t know if either of you were into the psychedelic folk scene in your youth but singer-songwriter Tom Rapp from the band Pearls Before Swine lived in Eau Gallie. If you were a fan you may not remember them anyway.

Something tells me I should not have included this video.

Reactions: Nulli Secundus
Made the trip to Eau Gallie to see someplace different and the team with the funny name. I wanted to see if the Commodores are as good as the experts say. The small downtown area has primarily an art district. I stopped in the Salty Dog that is a bar that serves food. If you are looking for a good bar with an old hippie flavor this place is for you. I didn’t stay there long but if I wanted to to relax and have some fun this would be a good choice. The rest of the area has a definite bohemian flavor.

Okay, now for the football, Eau Gallie jumped out to a 20-0 lead against the University Orange City Titans. One of their TD’s was an interception on a screen pass by Brandon Brown, a DT that is committed to LSU. University came out in that second half to score their only TD but Eau Gallie held them at bay for a 40-7 to remain undefeated. The Commodores are stout in the trenches and have a nice handful of good skill players. The QB could be a little more accurate. He got better as the game went on. A more consistent performance by him should determine how far they go in the playoffs.

Reactions: Nulli Secundus
I’m going to Eau Gallie High School tonight to see the Eau Gallie Commodores take on the University Orange City Titans. Eau Gallie was an independent town that agreed to merge with Melbourne in 1969.

Anyhow, Eau Gallie is ranked #15 in Florida by MaxPreps. The Laz Index says the Commodores are a 10 point favorite. Both teams are undefeated.

For Gatorman and Silver King, I don’t know if either of you were into the psychedelic folk scene in your youth but singer-songwriter Tom Rapp from the band Pearls Before Swine lived in Eau Gallie. If you were a fan you may not remember them anyway.

Something tells me I should not have included this video.
The song had a Richard Harris,
(MacArthur's Park) vibe to it for me

Pearls Before Swine from the bible Matthew 7:6 "Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine ...." meaning: to give or offer something valuable to someone who does not understand its value
In his teens, Rapp lived close to Cape Canaveral and watched the rockets take off. The song "Rocket Man", on the album The Use of Ashes – written the day Neil Armstrong landed on the moon – was credited by Bernie Taupin with inspiring his hit song with Elton John of the same title: "We didn't steal that one from Bowie, we stole it from another guy, called Tom Rapp...

Reactions: MarkECannon
Thanks Gatorman. This kind of explains the post psychedelic theme to the Salty Dog and that area. It’s all coming together now. See what following high school football can lead too? My mind has been expanded. Not the way Timothy Leary was referring to though.

Thanks High School Football!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT