ADVERTISEMENT

DUNBAR 29 FORT MYERS 27

MarkECannon

Oct 9, 2010
Another beautiful Friday night at Sam Siranni Stadium in Fort Myers for the inaugural Edison Corridor Showdown with the Dunbar Tigers @ Fort Myers Green Wave. Of course, this is a historic rivalry with the schools separated by only 3 miles. The Fort Myers Parks and Recreation Department has given it the new name complete with a trophy going to the winner. Also, the game winner would earn the 3S District 15 championship.

I was joined by the one and only Wavebb. He is a beloved figure at Fort Myers High but I won’t embarrass him any further.

The Dunbar Tigers used up one of their 9 lives in this game. Their chance of victory was on life support in the 4th quarter. The Fort Myers Green Wave had a 21-7 lead. Dunbar’s offense was going nowhere except backwards until the Green Wave committed a very untimely unsportsmanlike penalty. From there Dunbar took hold of the momentum to score 2 TD’s. The PAT failed for the first of the 2 TD’s so the Tigers had to go for two with the game clock on 0:00. They were successful sending the game into OT where they prevailed. It was high drama.

Now it must be said. Dunbar scored a TD on their first drive of the game. After that FM controlled the game until that unsportsmanlike penalty in the 4th quarter that was mentioned earlier. I don’t know the final penalty statistics but it would not surprise me to find out FM had 2-3 times more penalties than Dunbar. The Green Wave had this game in their hands. Give the Tigers credit for taking advantage of the gifts that were given to them.

Brand new TRIVIA QUESTION:

What do you think is on the top part of the brand new Edison Corridor Showdown Trophy?

Last edited:
That's cool. But if you're going to pitch them up, I'm gonna swing! Sorry Wave, just being funny - that's nothing anyway compared to free agency.

They could have used Rachel, the staue at Edison Park on McGregor that took a hit from Ian. She is now bent at the waist.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT