ADVERTISEMENT

Dr. Phillips 20 Mainland 0

Dan in Daytona

Nov 20, 2008
DP was the better team. They didn't appear to be as good as last years squad, but there's still a long way to go and plenty of time for improvement. Like always they have plenty of athletes. And for a change they were better on the field then Mainland's. They broke tackles, out ran the Buc's to the outside, and threw passes for first down all night long. They probably should've had a couply more scores. I'm disappointed in the results, but can't say it's a surprise. Saw some things over the summer that reminded me of some Buc teams from 8 to 10 years ago. Plenty of talent, but staff can't pull it all together. The X's and O's aren't playing to the strengths of the Jimmy's and Joe's. Over the last few years Denzel Houston's amazing athletic accomplishments masked some of these issues. From 30 rows up they aren't hidden anymore. Let's face it, Mainland's district is horrendous. Seabreeze, Pine Ridge, NSB, Deltona, and Mantanzas won't currently put fear in any playoff worthy team. Consequently, Mainland's a lock for a 24th straight berth in the championship tournament. At the moment anything other then a one and done seems remote. But hey, what the hell do I know after 200+ Mainland games in a row. Shock me Buccaneers. Make this old man cry with joy. Or better yet, make him apologize and shut the "F" up.

Reactions: Wavebb
I watched on the Spectrum app..

Mainland just needs to put the pieces together. Both teams were sluggish after the off weeks. Points left on the board for both teams. Mainland can still go R3 in my opinion but the Miami game will be tough.

I'm just glad we have 1 out of 3... 0 for 3 would have been bad...

Mainland will cruise through the district. Good to see the old coach on the sidelines

Last edited:
Reactions: Dan in Daytona
I watched on the Spectrum app..

Mainland just needs to put the pieces together. Both teams were sluggish after the off weeks. Points left on the board for both teams. Mainland can still go R3 in my opinion but the Miami game will be tough.

I'm just glad we have 1 out of 3... 0 for 3 would have been bad...

Mainland will cruise through the district. Good to see the old coach on the sidelines
Only problem with your possible R3 prediction for Mainland is a Miami team will more then likely be a 1st round opponent, or a 2nd rounder most certainly. With 1-8 regional seeding's, four of which will be wildcards, Miami will qualify 3 or possibly 4 teams from their District 16. Mainland's district (13) won't have a 2nd team make it. I doubt that the Ft Laurerdale Dillard area district or the Palm Bay area district will produce more then 1 or 2 wildcards.
#1 vs #8 wildcard
#2 vs #7 "
#3 vs #6 "
#4 vs #5 "
I see Dade County early .......'27 Yankee's, '72 Dolphin's, '96 Chicago Bulls....

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT