ADVERTISEMENT

Don't worry bout a thang, peezy

Well he did kick the documentary crew off the sidelines at the start of the 3rd when it became clear Jamis wasn't available; but Lamar Jackson sure resembled a young Winston. They're already anointing him the 2nd coming, but his receivers were so open at times, SK could have hit them.

I'm a little worried about Peezy - well, Mr High School too for that matter...

Last edited:
It continues! Alabama looks just as sad. Is the full moon the issue? I can't wait to see if Florida can beat North Texas. At least Miami won!

Florida is moving up while these other teams are sliding downward. UM is even looking better. It's called a shift in rankings and it's starting to happen this year and these shifts happen every 4-6 years

We'll see, but they sure did help a great recruiter in Miami yesterday.

I think FSU, with such a devastating loss, just sent out the subliminal signal that they're on the down side on the bell curve and of National title competivness.

Athletes can choose between the Gators and Canes as to which has the potential to next emerge. I think hands down that is Miami as Richt , a career 75% winner, gets his players in the program.

Reactions: anon_00zx5879k0jmw
Don't make a big misteak and write FSU's program off so fast. Yes, the scoreboard may have read Louieville 63, FSU 10, but as a astoot football fan can tell you, the game were a whole lot closer than that.

Have any body seen peezy? Hope no body seen him going into any tall buildings!

Don't do it, peezy! The police there to help you. Get off that ledge.

Jap 1 not really. I now have cervical myelopathy I'm dealing with so no I don't go to the games. I went to two of them just to see them but I'm staying home the rest of the year. Maybe one day I will be able to go back enjoying the games but not right now.

Yea they do and I listened for a bit the other night but after a bit I turned it off. Not the same...

I have a follow up appt with surgeon end of this week so I'm hoping he will do something. The VA hasn't done crap for me on this issue except hand out medication like candy!!! What is so bad is neither Tampa VA nor Bay Pines has a neurosurgeon on staff. So I finally had to go outside of the VA to get the help. The VA is pathetic whenever it comes to spine issues!!!

Hopefully I can finally get some relief after 6 years of dealing with this nerve pain.

I heard a sad story this afternoon on National Public Radio while driving about a VA hospital in Ohio. Damn, poor treatment in many VA hospitals got exposed during Vietnam and after about ever conflict we've been in since, and its still a problem.

The guard who played next to me in college joined the Army and became a Ranger, he trained Rangers in mountain climbing at Dahlonega, Georgia. he was in a repelling accident off a chopper that broke his back. He was always one tough SOB. They patched him up (He was a mess form college before that), and after he got out of the Army, he had a career in law enforcement. He was hoping to go another two years before retiring, but couldn't make it. Just last week he went in for another operation, it sucks.

Reactions: anon_00zx5879k0jmw
I don't see why any recruit would want to play at Miami....I'm sorry but the atmosphere at Seminole Hard Rock Stadium is terrible......it's Sad when you see a better crowd in Boone NC

Like Tallahassee and Gainesville are some Mecca?

In Gainesville and Tally football is the only act in town, the big event. With a full slate of pro-teams, the sports entertainment dollar is spread thin in Miami. They play in front of packed stadiums on the road. Once they get back in the hunt, they'll fill the stadium again, their fans have had a hard time with the mediocre years. But that's changing soon.

Its not just the stadium seats; Miami has a great campus in Coral Gables, near a beach and the city of Miami, one of the fabled cities in the world with all sorts of entertainment and culture. You can bill fish, go to: Jai Alai, museums, theaters, you're closer to the Bahamas than Tally is to a decent restaurant.

The campus and facilities were an arm pit when they were winning all those National Titles, you know, two more than either the Gators or Noles have.

... Miami, one of the fabled cities in the world with all sorts of entertainment and culture. You can bill fish, go to: Jai Alai, museums, theaters ...
Plus SK forget to mention that Miami place great emphasis on visitor safety. Where else they gonna loan you a bullet-proof vest if you goes to a 7-11?

Florida is moving up while these other teams are sliding downward. UM is even looking better. It's called a shift in rankings and it's starting to happen this year and these shifts happen every 4-6 years

Not a shift in rankings its Florida and as long as I have been watching which is not quite as long as Neutral has been watching (okay its like a small fraction of Neutral's time) the dominance or "top teams" goes in cycles... FSU may very well be on their down while Miami and UF are rising all though without their QB they could tank a few games now. too early to tell but that was a grade a ass whooping this weekend... We got beat in ALL facets of the game every.last.one.of.them. Jimbo and his coaching staff should be doing stadiums and extra conditioning after that one as well as the players.

Also SK and Neutral... Its just football... Yeah I have never seen FSU get beat like that and while I love my Noles, Rattlers and Bucs I don't get that down on the losses to the point of beating my dog (I am a little scared for Mr. High Schools Dog though I can still remember the Steve Berrey Pouty face on ESPN at Boston College.

After all this was my 4 year high school results... Nothing my teams do can compare to this.

FSU Rivals = UF, UM, Clemson (in recent years). UL is a team that has given us problems but not one I would have ever considered a rival. Nor any other FSU fan that I know. Mainly even if its a bad season beat UF and UM.

Not tryin to tell FSU fans how to run they busness, son, but after somebody opened up a 63-10 can of whup a$$ on me, I'd hafta consider them a "rival". :rolleyes:

Not sure what makes a rivalry to you but we got beat 30-0 by Wake Forest before... Doesn't make them a rival.

Silver King

Clemson beat y'all 55-0 last year... YOu want payback sure but do you consider them a rival?

Son, think the term most people would use for what you're attempting to reference is "Traditional Rival". For most players and coaches, a rival would be defined as any team that's good enough to "take the field and give you a decent run for your money".

hmmmm yeah not where I am from but I respect your opinion, A rival is a rival... You want to beat everyone on your schedule whether they have a pulse or not but you really really really want to beat your rival... We don't differentiate between a "traditional rival" and a rival.

Your all into the semantics though so I will let you have this argument...

Still want to hear SK's answer since y'all are closer in generations though.

Also... While I am old enough to be your son... I'd appreciate it if you would refrain from calling me son... I know it is a term of endearment but I admire, love, and revere my father and he's the only man who will ever call me son because I only have one father... No offense taken Neutral, just letting you know.

I'd appreciate it if you would refrain from calling me son...
Done. No slight intended.

Concerning the word "Rival" (not to be confused with the term "Rivalry games"):
Your all into the semantics ...
Semantics? A question on the definition of "rival"? Most dictionaries define a rival as being "a person or entity that is capable of competing for superiority in a given contest or field of endeavor."

Peezy's dictionary, of course, may vary. :)

Reactions: peezy28
No, see that's the issue banting about the term "rival."

This week in Wavebb's home town, Charlotte will be playing its oldest Rival; the Ft Myers Green Wave - both head coaches not only played for their own squads, they played right over each other.

Tarpons started playing them (Well their B-team played our Varsity) in 1926. Now watch any Ft Myers TV coverage and they identify about every team Ft Myers plays as their rivals: Just in the last three weeks I heard them call South Ft Myers, North Ft Myers and Cypress lake being their rivals - them there schools weren't around when Charlotte and Ft Myers started playing.

Anyway, Peezy, as someone who played on the best teams in his school's history at every level he played: Jr High (first undefeated 6-0 team, put the first loss on Ft Myers JH in five years), High School (First undefeated season, first ever District and Regional Championships) and College (First two KCAC Titles), and having never played on a team with a losing record, I have to take my hat off to you. Its hard when you're winning, and you take the field every single time thinking you can beat your opponent. I can't imagine how tough that must of been - and then to lose in OT to Seminole; damn that must have been like watching your heart on the ground pumping the last few spurts of blood. New respect for you brother.

Plus SK forget to mention that Miami place great emphasis on visitor safety. Where else they gonna loan you a bullet-proof vest if you goes to a 7-11?

As someone whose last view of a .45 authomatic aimed at his head was in Miami, SK just say its part of the charm. But those rural areas have their hunting seasons too, ask Aaron Hernandez.

SK,

I remember that Seminole game well... We actually had playoff potential that year all we needed was one more win so any of those close games could have put us in the wild card that year.

The seminole game though... They had Emmett Hunter at RB who ended up playing FCS somewhere (and also is an actor in the new Atlanta TV show) and he was the best back in the county that year... Held him in check until 2 minutes left in the game... With about 2 minutes left in the 4th we were up 7-0 they had the ball at their 10 yard line... HE probably had 33 rushes for something like 60 yards and had not crossed the 50 yet.. We dominated... until he took a sweep right and raced 90 yards for the game tying score.

In OT they had the ball 1st kicked a field goal after we stuffed them... we couldn't get in the endzone tried a FG from our 5 and missed it... We all had to get new ear hole pieces as just about every one on our team slammed down our helmets and those old buckled ear pieces were flying everywhere.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT