ADVERTISEMENT

Does Lakeland Recruit?

They recruited our guitar player to coach their defensive backs.

photo45.jpg

timthumb.php

Nice to see you again, Gambello. There have been players that moved to Lakeland through the years. I don't know that there's evidence of recruiting or how Mike Bennett could prove it was happening.

Reactions: gambello
That article is terribly written. The author writes that Bennet says Lakeland recruits but doesn't put the quote. If my name was going in the paper at least quote me saying what you are inferring.

Reactions: peezy28
If anybody says yes the post will be deleted anyway. That's the one no no - report it to the FHSAA if you have info.

I have never heard a specific case of recruiting out of Lakeland.

I agree, the private schools like IMG are pulling the best players.

BTW, the Pensacola New Journal is where journalists begin. I don't recognize the name of the writer. He's probably very young.

It's funny that the sponsor of the bill is Don Gaetz, the former superintendent of Okaloosa County schools. That job was only a stepping stone for him. He'll be in Washington soon. It was always his goal.

Four or five years ago didn't the FHSAA discipline (probation) Lakeland for using football players that come over from George Jenkins High ? Were't they using false addresses? Just some questions here, no accusations.

Four or five years ago didn't the FHSAA discipline (probation) Lakeland for using football players that come over from George Jenkins High ? Were't they using false addresses? Just some questions here, no accusations.

That is kinda what really started this whole thing with the new bill and Kelli Stargell.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT