ADVERTISEMENT

Did Your School Walk Out?

So it's the line of work? You get to protect yourself and others don't because of coulda shoulda, woulda's? You can apply that every profession.

This sure sounds like another of those things I'm asked to be tolerant of, from the side that isn't tolerant of anything but what they demand. I'm OK with different bathrooms for whatever you identify with - different strokes for different folks, I'm ok with all sorts of crazy stuff, but please don't tell me I'm not allowed to protect myself because you don't think I can do it to your liking. I would't think of telling you, you couldn't.

You've seen me post on here, that I wish people all the best in asking someone with a gun about to shoot you if they'd consider simply hugging it out.

The thing is... Your not allowed to protect your self at a Public School because Guns are not ALLOWED at a Public Schools where you work and live. Guns are also not allowed on Planes and in government offices so your not allowed to protect yourself there either. I mean unless you want to go to the courthouse or the airport and have that argument with them as well.. (it won't end well). You can protect yourself at home and out and about where legally able to carry but there are places where guns are off limits for good reasons and schools in Florida just happen to be one of them in which I agree (except for the uniformed SRO officers of course).

I think if teachers are more concerned with protecting than teaching they should probably think about joining law enforcement and becoming SRO's they already have the people skills (most). We need more of them in schools.

in my 12 years of grade school off the top of my head I can think of maybe 4 teachers who I would have thought it be a good idea to arm. I don't know man maybe you just had better opinions of your peers and your teachers from back in the day than me. Hell I know a lot of teachers now that say no way do not arm these fools because they know the people they work should not be allowed to carry.

I mean no offense... I just think it will end badly.

I beg to differ, certain teachers are allowed under law that the Governor and Parkland kids just hurried along in Florida.

I might add if you think teachers who want career to protect their students and themselves seek a career in law enforcement, I might suggest people (particularly those who carry and want to impose their personal preferences on others), should consider a career as a dictator in some small 3rd world country.

Now you sound like Rosie O'Donnell - remember when she was 100% against guns, yet she had been K-Marts spokesperson for a few years and they sold guns like an armory? Then she hijacked poor Tom Sellack on her show about guns, when he was there trying to pitch a movie.

All the time, she was making money pitching K-Mart and her body guards were packing all sorts of heat.

But I am not against guns... never have been... I just worry my children is going to be in a school with a loose cannon (pun intended). I tell you what my girls are going to get gun safety and training from dad at about 10 if they are ready but before 16 for sure. They will have their CWP when they turn 18. So they will know a lot about guns and how to handle them. If your going to let "trained" teachers hold guns why not "trained" students.. I mean isn't that denying them their rights to protect themselves.

My mind is a bit different after having 2 girls... Should anything bad ever happen to them (especially if it ever involved a teacher with a gun) you and the whole world will find out on CNN just how much I love guns as I will be going to exact Liam Neison type revenge on said individual.

And I don't blame you Peezy, but really whats more likely to occur? I'm listening to the 6pm news right and a kid got in a fight yesterday at South Ft Myers and brought a loaded gun to South Ft Myers today. Fortunately they got it, because he was "acting weird."

What makes people all of a sudden think those type teachers identified in the law, would be the type that are going to lose control? Has there been evidence to support that; a rash of those type people breaking bad on kids recently? If anything they're the type that gets along best with high risk populations. They're going to be some coaches, former law enforcement or military, in other words people that have shown an ability to keep their cool, and be trained.

Anyway, mine are raised, enjoy them Peezy, and be safe.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT