ADVERTISEMENT

Couple of Charlotte County Football notes

gatorman001

Aug 31, 2003
I believe QB Johnny Squitieri has transferred from Manatee high to Port Charlotte high. The move is somewhat surprising, only because it was my understanding Port Charlotte is returning its starting QB from last year? Squitieri split snaps last year at Manatee with another player, and to be completely honest my evaluation on Squitieri was mixed..............in fact he brings a lot of the same attributes to the table as last year's Port Charlotte's starter does.....so will be interesting to see what develops with that situation next year? Im expecting Port Charlotte to be a very very good team next year regardless as they have one of the best RBs in SWFL and other quality skilled talent as well as some quality talent along its OL and DLs!

On the Charlotte Tarpon front, I want to mention a player that will be a rising Junior next season. Michael Villegas, he played DE and TE last year as well as dressed for some Varsity games , but injured his knee early in the season and so his playing time was limited. Thing that caught my eye however were his roster size from last year to my most recent encounter with him from a day or two ago. Last years roster listed him at 6 foot 1 inches tall 180 lbs, the other day when I ran into him and talked to him I want to say he's every bit of 6 foot 4-5 inches tall and maybe 230-240 lbs now! I asked him if he was going to give me a reason to check out some Charlotte games next season, he assured me he would......player to watch out for!

Last edited:
Reactions: MarkECannon
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT