ADVERTISEMENT

cocoa tiger football

tigertats16

Jun 28, 2016
any thoughts on cocoa this year ? lots of new transfers some coaching staff changes will be the most talented team Wilks has ever had

any thoughts on cocoa this year ? lots of new transfers some coaching staff changes will be the most talented team Wilks has ever had
"Most talented team Wilks has ever had." Pretty big boast there young man. They got another Chevon Buie at RB ? That team that beat Glades Central for the championship was "special."

go check out 321 recruits got some really great info on cocoa gives a list of players that transfered in we have 18 returning players plus several of the best player's in brevard that transferred in new quarter back so don't look for judson to do much but catch the ball and run and we all know he has speed

rb/db javanese hawking from astronaut
wr/fs desmond Morgan from Melbourne
de/lb cj Bartley from her heritage
wr Josh ramirez from heritage
rb laser icky king from heritage
dt/g Ian newton from heritage quarter back bradley canarie from astronaut
ol/dl a Murry from rockledge

these are just the ones I know of for sure

who are some those that you listed as special players, for judson is the most special player on cocoa's roster next year. The running back they had last year Pratt was good in his own right also I don't see them being replaced by transfers just sayin.

Dang... yeah sounds like all these kids moved into Cocoa Zone for academic reasons.

who are some those that you listed as special players, for judson is the most special player on cocoa's roster next year. The running back they had last year Pratt was good in his own right also I don't see them being replaced by transfers just sayin.
the kid coming in as a quarter back is a pro style quarter back not saying Bruce judson wasn't a great one but this new kid has more skills as a qb with judson speed and hands he will be more effective in other positions I'm sure he will still be throw in as qb from time to time

Peezy, say what you will, and I don't know a lot about some of the other Head Coaches in Brevard County. However, if I had a son who played high school football, and a choice of coach to play for, that choice would definitely be John Wilkinson. Coach Wilkinson is a first-class person as well as a great high school football coach.

Reactions: tigertats16
I know coach Wilk and I agree he is class and I would want my son to play for him too.... That doesn't really dismiss the fact that the school is receiving more sports related transfers than IMG right now... Just sayin.

and that's a bad thing it's not as if the new students don't have to still be students in the class room no rules are being broken and these kids entitled to play for the best haters will hate lovers will love bottom line is just like I said this will be the best team cocoa has ever had power skills and great coaches

Tigerrats16, you're right, and I don't blame you, it's the system in place and if it's not illegal, why not take advantage of it for a competitive edge?

Hopefully you're a fan, or maybe even a starter, and your team gets that State Title. Hopefully if you have kids one day, they are good enough to move them around to the best school - if that's your wish - that has a shot at a title (and they have room).

Maybe you'll indulge and old fella a few thoughts that maybe way down the road you'll think back on if a conversation ever comes up about how sports used to be.

I have three sons who played at the same school I did. We played with guys we grew up with playing Little league, Pop Warner (one on a National title team), and travel leagues. All of us earned post season accolades (two of us played college the other two could have), two of us got to State Semi-final games and we played in six Regional title games between us - but never earned a state title.

My youngest is now 23 and yesterday, July 4th we had a BBQ and a community swim across a river. Each of us had at least four of our teammates (black and white) with us. I'm 62 and five of my teammates were there (two more called from out of state). For us, and we've talked about this, none of us would change our experience, and these guys we played alongside, for a state title somewhere else.

Thanks for listening and good luck to your Tigers, I hope they achieve what you want them to.

I think the biggest reason the players come to cocoa is that Wilks gets results on and off the field college scouts come to the games these boys will most likely be noticed at cocoa where they wouldn't at their old schools when you see Florida ,Florida state, Miami hurricane coaches just to name few watching the games from the side lines it's a great feeling Wilks has a great track record for helping our boys move on to college

Reactions: Silver King
Silver King, not everybody had the experience in high school, and growing up playing sports that you and your sons had. Not every community is Charlotte, or whatever it is called, where everybody gets together and sings "Kumbaya" years after they played together. That is why I, and many others, support the changes in the rules.

I think the biggest reason the players come to cocoa is that Wilks gets results on and off the field college scouts come to the games these boys will most likely be noticed at cocoa where they wouldn't at their old schools when you see Florida ,Florida state, Miami hurricane coaches just to name few watching the games from the side lines it's a great feeling Wilks has a great track record for helping our boys move on to college

Now a days kids will get noticed no matter the school especially at some of the ones you mentioned.

I don't blame them necessarily I'm just not a fan of the new mentality. Championship at all costs. I'm more in the line of SKs Mentality.

And no I'm definitely not a Cocoa Hater. That's a school outside of myour area I've seen play a lot and root for. Coach Wilks is a leader of men.

Not picking a side here, but... having coached college ball, when recruiting we looked more for kids who played for winning rather than losing programs, for the simple facts of environment and expectations which go hand-in-hand with work ethic. Winners win.

and that's a bad thing it's not as if the new students don't have to still be students in the class room no rules are being broken and these kids entitled to play for the best haters will hate lovers will love bottom line is just like I said this will be the best team cocoa has ever had power skills and great coaches
Guess who's coming to dinner October 7th ?

they won the Orlando Strike 7on7 tournament
their kids were running hills in-between the games
they are HUNGRY
should be a great season

Not trying to sound like Master of the Obvious but...I expect Cocoa to have a very good season but eventually fall to Booker T. Washington.

After this recent surge of transfers it will be interesting to see how they do versus TCA.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT