ADVERTISEMENT

Cocoa Beat the Dog snot out of us`

peezy28

Feb 25, 2003
Good luck on your season, I knew we weren't ready and we lost our QB hopefully not for too long.

Honestly not many we had to replace... unfortunately what we haven't had to replace in numbers (5 or 6) we have to deal with as far as Egos growing bigger than the moon. It's really just a couple of Players (our UF Commit RB and would be Bama Commit DT butn his grades suck) but that attitude can be a disease.

Beyond that we have another WR commit to Tennessee and DE commit to Indiana and several other players with high level FCS and Lower tier D1 talent....

I'd say we will whoop ass in the county again but there's 1 Caveat our QB got hurt last night.... I'm not sure how bad but if he's out we might be screwed as he was last year's backup so his backup is a Freshman and not ready at all. We can with the RB at QB for the whole 2nd half.

Reactions: anon_00zx5879k0jmw
Sorry to hear about the Q, that's a really bad time for an injury to happen at that position. Hopefully its not as serious - kids can rebound.

I was walking on to the field through the entrance Clewiston used last night and this stud looking kid was on crutches with a ankle soft cast. I asked him if he was going to make it back this season, he said he hoped by mid-season, asked him what year he was, he told me he was a senior. That sucks, I wished him luck coming back but you could just see the dejection in the kid's face watching his buddies take the field for the first time.

Honestly not many we had to replace... unfortunately what we haven't had to replace in numbers (5 or 6) we have to deal with as far as Egos growing bigger than the moon. It's really just a couple of Players (our UF Commit RB and would be Bama Commit DT butn his grades suck) but that attitude can be a disease.

Beyond that we have another WR commit to Tennessee and DE commit to Indiana and several other players with high level FCS and Lower tier D1 talent....

I'd say we will whoop ass in the county again but there's 1 Caveat our QB got hurt last night.... I'm not sure how bad but if he's out we might be screwed as he was last year's backup so his backup is a Freshman and not ready at all. We can with the RB at QB for the whole 2nd half.

If that second half QB was a freshman, you guys got something good coming up in the future.
I hope your starter is okay. Clearwater look very good and ready in that first half. I don't see where you will have a problem in a game or 2 from now if you have to start your Backup. He is an athlete. He just tried to carry the team and that isn't going to work. I also noted Clearwater has some speed. That breakaway TD had the Cocoa defense beat, no other way to say it. Clearwater has talented WR's.
Cocoa had the best coverage I've seen from them since 2010 and Clearwater still came up with a lot of unbelievable catches. If Clearwaters WR's had a touch more speed they would be unstoppable with the QB they started with. He looked accurate to pinpoint, with a strong arm.

Cocoa came out rusty on offense to start the game, but found their usual groove in the run game. Judson wasn't in the best form to start with a few missed passes but the running game took over and Coach Wilks turns out some of the best RB's on the HS level in the Nation. Pratt, Folsten, and Buie to name a few. Pratt was injured before in practice and was used sparingly. Same with Judson and Howard Stewart. We will need them badly next week against Trinity Christian. Our defense look decent from the second series on but there is room for improvement.

I have a feeling Clearwater will be fine as long as there starting QB is healthy and even with the backup in they should fair the storm.

Good luck to the Tornadoes this season, and my you remain healthy.

Other than it's a neck injury, nope. I talked to one of the parents Saturday, and they still didn't know anything.

If that second half QB was a freshman, you guys got something good coming up in the future.
I hope your starter is okay. Clearwater look very good and ready in that first half. I don't see where you will have a problem in a game or 2 from now if you have to start your Backup. He is an athlete. He just tried to carry the team and that isn't going to work. I also noted Clearwater has some speed. That breakaway TD had the Cocoa defense beat, no other way to say it. Clearwater has talented WR's.
Cocoa had the best coverage I've seen from them since 2010 and Clearwater still came up with a lot of unbelievable catches. If Clearwaters WR's had a touch more speed they would be unstoppable with the QB they started with. He looked accurate to pinpoint, with a strong arm.

Cocoa came out rusty on offense to start the game, but found their usual groove in the run game. Judson wasn't in the best form to start with a few missed passes but the running game took over and Coach Wilks turns out some of the best RB's on the HS level in the Nation. Pratt, Folsten, and Buie to name a few. Pratt was injured before in practice and was used sparingly. Same with Judson and Howard Stewart. We will need them badly next week against Trinity Christian. Our defense look decent from the second series on but there is room for improvement.

I have a feeling Clearwater will be fine as long as there starting QB is healthy and even with the backup in they should fair the storm.

Good luck to the Tornadoes this season, and my you remain healthy.

Well the backup you saw in the 2nd half was actually our UF Commit RB who is rated as the #8 ranked RB in the nation depending on which service (247, scout, rivals). We have 2 WR's that are D1 Commits #5 Jacquez Jones (Tennessee) and you probably saw Tennessee Commit #9 Tramar Reece but he is really a DE at the next level.

The Freshman did not get to play as he's not ready and would have probably played JV this year. The Freshman will have to come a long fast and I think we will have to simplify the offense quite a bit at least for now. I still think we can dominate the county but that is not really the goal.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT