ADVERTISEMENT

Citrus Bowl Bidding for the Pro Bowl

Choctaw_fan

Gold Member
Oct 31, 2003
What do all of you think of this? Surely Orlando can handle the crowd and the player's families would enjoy the trip, but, is the Citrus Bowl the right venue?

I know there is not a massive stadium in Hawaii but I think the players and former players enjoy the trip over there after a long season. You can go to Orlando anytime and many do. Is the NFL trying to lessen the cost of the game?

Last edited:
Reactions: JBowden8
I think it would be great to get the Pro Bowl, generates a lot of revenue for the area. From what I have read a lot of NFL players have issue with the cost of taking the family to Hawaii for a week. One story I read said a player lost money by going as he had a lot of family members going and the payout for playing didn't even cover costs for going. Not to mention if attendance is good maybe something comes of it, hell we almost got a franchise before it was given to Jacksonville.

Did the recently updates really improve the Citrus Bowl? I remember seeing a lot of rust on my trip to the playoffs. But, more so, I didn't like the area. They really need some urban renewal projects and a few parking garages to make that a desirable venue.

Did the recently updates really improve the Citrus Bowl? I remember seeing a lot of rust on my trip to the playoffs. But, more so, I didn't like the area. They really need some urban renewal projects and a few parking garages to make that a desirable venue.
Choctaw, from a fans seating perspective, the Citrus Bowl has been vastly improved. The lower level was expanded upward with all new chairback seats. More aisles were added for easier access. A few cellphone plug-ins can be found on top row of level one. Seating in levels 2 & 3 were off limit to us FHSAA ticket holders. 20oz bottles of water are still $5, soda $6, parking $10. Man-up the neighborhood parking area is fine.

I went to a preseason baseball game in Ft Myers and they charged the same amount for drinks and parking.

Let's see if the NFL takes the bait. It will bring more business to a great town!

I went to a preseason baseball game in Ft Myers and they charged the same amount for drinks and parking.

Let's see if the NFL takes the bait. It will bring more business to a great town!
I agree. Like any large city, traffic problems cause most of the Orlando area frustrations. It's true that the Citrus Bowl is located in a poor surrounding neighborhood with a high crime rate. But correct me if I'm wrong O-Town area residents : Darterblue, Laz, DP, Pipe Dreams, Sexy B, and others, outside of that idiot security guard shooting that drunk UCF student several years ago, there has been no violent crimes committed by area bad boys to any parking lot customers coming or going when drugs/drunkenness were't a factor. The I Drive area near Disney claims many more out-of-towners to victimization.

Last edited:
Reactions: peezy28
The city is working on the district surrounding the stadium. It's a very nice looking venue now with good seating in the lower bowl. We also want to host an NFL game in 2017.

Orlando has a great sports fan base. The MLS team gets huge crowds at the citrus bowl.

No good reason people should avoid the Citrus Bowl. Nu'Trelle remember readin somewhere that Orlando one of the best places in the U.S. if you gets shot. Level One Trauma centers all over the place.

No good reason people should avoid the Citrus Bowl. Nu'Trelle remember readin somewhere that Orlando one of the best places in the U.S. if you gets shot. Level One Trauma centers all over the place.

Good point Gnewt...

Honestly though, how many people actually care if the Pro Bowl comes to Orlando...

Honestly though, how many people actually care if the Pro Bowl comes to Orlando...
The game totally meaningless, yet The Pro Bowl is a VERY important barometer. If you glued to the television to watch it, you have no other life. If you buy a ticket an travel to watch the damn thing live, there probably no hope for you whatsoever. You finished! Nomsayin?

The game totally meaningless, yet The Pro Bowl is a VERY important barometer. If you glued to the television to watch it, you have no other life. If you buy a ticket an travel to watch the damn thing live, there probably no hope for you whatsoever. You finished! Nomsayin?

Okay folks...

All Gnewt is sayin is he don't care...

Reactions: peezy28
I would go, it seems like it would be a fun outing. Granted your going into it knowing that ALL the players are going half speed at best. Regardless I think it would be a great event to host. Lots of teams/kids in this area who wouldn't have a chance to see these guys play otherwise.

I have never been to major sporting event (i.e. championship or bowl game) but isn't all the hype about the activities before the game? Aren't there many activities for the fans?

If you had an opportunity to meet your favorite player, no matter how they played in the game, it would be worth the trip.

Reactions: UHSTitan
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT