ADVERTISEMENT

Charlotte 47-43 Palmetto Ridge

Silver King

Nov 29, 2002
Punta Gorda
Didn't make this one, had a friend in town I had't seen in a couple decades, but another friend at the game updated. PR was supposed to have a pretty good RB (Gulf Coast: 700 yd rusher) and Q (Lely: Collier County's leading passer and 4th in rushing) that transferred in.

Tarps have a lot of holes to fill after graduating 18 starters. But the offense sounds like they played well. They went down with 3 minutes to go, scored too quick and left 2+minutes, PR had 4th and 1 to score and left .23 on the clock. Think there were 4 lead changes in the last few minutes with the Tarps hitting what was described to me as a "Hail Mary" for the win with no time on the clock.

Paper said the Fish had three backs rush for over a 100 yes. The O-line should be better than last year's and we should be able to run the ball.

Good road win for a young team with big shoes to fill and looking for some confidence.

Last edited:
The transfer at QB from Lely, can you find out if it was Jacques Carter? If I remember correctly he is a 2018. Played him a few times in Pop Warner back in the day and could run.

Yeah it was 941. He had like 400+ yards running and throwing. We got out to a 28-0 lead and then he settled down. Paper a while back said they hired his dad as OC. The RB was a D-1 kid. I understand they are the hot transfer school in Collier this year.

Carter's Dad was very involved with him as a young player. Talked to him a few times after games.
Don't know the RB.

This was from the article I checked out before the game to see what they had (Naples Daily):

"Carter was the best player in Collier County last year, at least according to area coaches. The quarterback won the voting for the Daily News’ Broxson Trophy award after leading the county in passing (1,719 yards) and finishing fourth in rushing (1,019).

Townsend rushed for 729 yards at Gulf Coast last season, averaging 5.5 yards per carry. In the offseason he picked up scholarship offers from Tennessee, UCLA and Arkansas."

The RB was supposed to be bigger than our hoss last year, Maleek Williams.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT