ADVERTISEMENT

Charlotte 45-42 Lake Gibson 4 OT

Silver King

Nov 29, 2002
Punta Gorda
The Tarpons are 2-0 in 2nd round or later overtime playoff games in the the last four years (2016 2OT vs Ft Myers in Regional Final). And both on the road! 6th Regional Final in 12 years for the Tarps.

End of regulation: Tarpons 25-25 Lake Gibson OT:

1st OT

Tarps: TD 32-25
Braves: TD 32-32

2nd OT

Braves: TD 39-32
Tarps: TD 39-39 (Bink was going to go for two, but we jumped off sides)

3rd OT

Tarps: FG 42-39
Braves: FG 42-42

4th OT

Braves: Tarps Intercept!! 42-42
Tarps: FG FOR THE WIN 45-42

We had hoped to make this an all Charlotte Regional Title, but given the fact we were the last of four teams in our District to slide into the playoffs, and I wasn't even sure we should be in, I'm pretty happy to be facing the #1 Tigers again. Kids played themselves here for another shot.

Last edited:
I felt you guys had an excellent chance against Lake Gibson because the better teams they had faced, they just got by them....I also noticed Lake Gibson's key skilled players were all Soph's.........and was why I ultimately picked you guys to win.

Will be interesting to see what happens with the Palmetto QB next week, Palmetto also lost their D-1 Offensive Lineman a few weeks back as well.......you guys have every reason to believe this is a winnable game for you!

Congrats on the win tonight!

Go Canes Go!

Number 1 seed; they have all the pressure; they cruised through each team regular season, but have played tight in the rematch, tough to beat a team twice.

I watched the replay, first off, their Q walked off the field smiling, so he's fine. They had some head-scratching plays late in that game that almost cost them.

Should be fun.

do yall travel well- I know Manatee County isnt far but isnt around the corner lol

Seems the Venice Manatee game will host the biggest crowd

Number 1 seed; they have all the pressure; they cruised through each team regular season, but have played tight in the rematch, tough to beat a team twice.

I watched the replay, first off, their Q walked off the field smiling, so he's fine. They had some head-scratching plays late in that game that almost cost them.

Should be fun.

do yall travel well- I know Manatee County isnt far but isnt around the corner lol

Seems the Venice Manatee game will host the biggest crowd

Man......its a region final!!! I cant imagine that both of these games wouldn't be well attended....

Go Canes Go!

do yall travel well- I know Manatee County isnt far but isnt around the corner lol. Seems the Venice Manatee game will host the biggest crowd

ADs love us; we're told we're one of the best traveling teams in the state - they had a traffic jam Friday night getting out of Lake Gibson and that was the same 2+ hour drive, as the week before going across the state to Ft Pierce.

I'm not lying, over the years I've seen a dozen or more games where we've had more fans than the home crowd. Punta Gorda has always loved its Friday night football, not much else to do in town, unless you're fishing - sport or commercial, or drinking. This started way back in the semi-final game I played in, in 1970. They closed up the town and everyone went up to watch the Tarpons at Quincy Shanks near Tally - filled the visitor stands and lined the fences.

Last edited:
Congrats Silver King! It was one of the best sporting events I've attended all year. Charlotte is peaking right now and they were fun to watch.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT