ADVERTISEMENT

Charlotte 28 - 20 Ft Myers

Silver King

Nov 29, 2002
Punta Gorda
Got to visit my buddy Wavebb on the sidelines at half and we waved at Neut up in the stands (he's getting a little gray, looks more and more like the "Silver Fox", Charley Rich).

Game was typical of the series; went right down to an INT in the end zone by the Tarps with 30 seconds left in the game.

This is one of the oldest series in the state, right behind Hardee and DeSoto. The media will tell you these teams started playing in 1935. They are wrong. Ft Myers was Charlotte's first away opponent in 1926 - even though they played their B-Team, it was still a high school game and listed that way in the first 1927 Tarpon annual.

I guarantee there haven't been as many last minute come backs, or bazaar finishes, in any other series in the state, than this one has had.The press has just about run out of names for them assigning them with some classic handles like "The Comeback," "The Fumblerooskie Game," "The Mojo Miracle," and the Double OT Regional Championship "Instant Classic."

The best thing about this series is no matter what the other team has, both teams look forward to playing each other. Because the better team, as is the way with rivals, has been upset more than a few times.

These are two clean and very competitive programs that have coaches who played against each other and respect each other. Its a refreshing to enjoy such games which seem to be fewer and fewer each year. Nice seeing two HCs who do things right and won't compromise or sell their souls for Ws. I am a lucky father that my three sons played in our program and in this series - and were part of a couple of wild finishes.

How many times do you see teams come together after a hard fought battle, some won in the last second as each coach addresses the other team and then they do a team prayer together? I've seen in for most of the past 15 years when these teams have played. Its this series that keeps me interested in HS football.

Think anything like that will happen next week at Braden River / Venice?

Reactions: Wavebb
Got to visit my buddy Wavebb on the sidelines at half and we waved at Neut up in the stands (he's getting a little gray, looks more and more like the "Silver Fox", Charley Rich).

Game was typical of the series; went right down to an INT in the end zone by the Tarps with 30 seconds left in the game.

This is one of the oldest series in the state, right behind Hardee and DeSoto. The media will tell you these teams started playing in 1935. They are wrong. Ft Myers was Charlotte's first away opponent in 1926 - even though they played their B-Team, it was still a high school game and listed that way in the first 1927 Tarpon annual.

I guarantee there haven't been as many last minute come backs, or bazaar finishes, in any other series in the state, than this one has had.The press has just about run out of names for them assigning them with some classic handles like "The Comeback," "The Fumblerooskie Game," "The Mojo Miracle," and the Double OT Regional Championship "Instant Classic."

The best thing about this series is no matter what the other team has, both teams look forward to playing each other. Because the better team, as is the way with rivals, has been upset more than a few times.

These are two clean and very competitive programs that have coaches who played against each other and respect each other. Its a refreshing to enjoy such games which seem to be fewer and fewer each year. Nice seeing two HCs who do things right and won't compromise or sell their souls for Ws. I am a lucky father that my three sons played in our program and in this series - and were part of a couple of wild finishes.

How many times do you see teams come together after a hard fought battle, some won in the last second as each coach addresses the other team and then they do a team prayer together? I've seen in for most of the past 15 years when these teams have played. Its this series that keeps me interested in HS football.

Think anything like that will happen next week at Braden River / Venice?

BR/Venice coaches comes together after the game...NO

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT