ADVERTISEMENT

Central Florida extremely strong in 2017

Pipe Dreams

Jul 21, 2010
Now the second best area in state. Last year it was Miami/Broward 1, CFla 2, Treasure Coast 3 IMO... same this year

Top 5 are all state contenders
1. Cocoa
2. Jones
3. Mainland
4. Dr Phillips
5. Apopka

Osceola
Seminole
Orange City U
Bishop Moore
Winter Park
Spruce Creek
Olympia
Wekiva

Of the teams I saw this spring, Osceola looked the most impressive to me.
Not having a current advocate ( Homer ) on the Florida message boards keeps the Kowboys somewhat under appreciated. Take away their 1st round, one point upset loss to Treasure Coast last season and their 14 playoff wins from 2012-2015 is a testament to their greatness. With some of the best feeder neighborhoods in the state, this program along with Apopka's, has dominated the Orlando area for more than 20 years.

Now the second best area in state. Last year it was Miami/Broward 1, CFla 2, Treasure Coast 3 IMO... same this year

1. Cocoa
2. Jones
3. Mainland
4. Dr Phillips
5. Apopka

Osceola
Seminole
Orange City U
Bishop Moore
Winter Park
Spruce Creek
Olympia
Wekiva

I'd add Lake Gibson to the list of contenders as well.

Pipe Dreams are you sure about your opinion of Treasure Coast #3 area in FL?

Is it even as strong as say PB County?

To me TC area is top heavy with little depth.

Reactions: peezy28
Pipe Dreams are you sure about your opinion of Treasure Coast #3 area in FL?

Is it even as strong as say PB County?

To me TC area is top heavy with little depth.
I think he may be including Brevard County as Treasure Coast. Otherwise, I agree that TC area could not be # 3 in Florida.

I'm including Palm Beach in the treasure coast because Palm Beach is on the treasure coast.

Clarifying:

C-Fla: Orange, Osceola, Seminole, Sumter, Lake, Brevard, Volusia
Treasure Coast: Palm Beach, Martin, St. Lucie, Indian River.
South Florida: Broward, Miami-Dade

Looking at the county listing now I'd agree that they are not #3... I don't know who is though. Probably Tampa..

The talent is a different story. Way more uniform across the state.

Last edited:
From what I've read Hardee is going to have the largest OLINE they mostly ever had at one time in the same season. I've read
The whole OLINE is ranging between 250-300lbs. I don't ever recalling seeing Hardee ever having a FULL OLINE like this. Could be a good year but that will depend on our QB play.

From what I've read Hardee is going to have the largest OLINE they mostly ever had at one time in the same season. I've read
The whole OLINE is ranging between 250-300lbs. I don't ever recalling seeing Hardee ever having a FULL OLINE like this. Could be a good year but that will depend on our QB play.
If the linemen have the talent to go with their size, then the QB should have all the protection he will need. So if he messes up, it's probably on him.

Yep that is a problem from what I was told, the line has to get a lot stronger so hopefully the summer weights will do the job...

How many do they have HWY17? I thought the RB position was set but I don't know about the WR. Unless your a private school its hard to get depth in rural 5A counties like ours.

Fat oline does not mean good online. I love most 250-300 lb high school lineman as a D.C.

...the thing about those "feeder neighborhoods" around Osceola is that they are located on public streets...which means the self-appointed Director of Dude Transportation at Apopka can run a carpool the likes of which would make Corky Rogers blush...
Care to elaborate a little further on that 'kong ? Give up a few more morsels will ya, for us scandal starved patrons on FlaVarsity.......you listening Darter ?

Care to elaborate a little further on that 'kong ? Give up a few more morsels will ya, for us scandal starved patrons on FlaVarsity.......you listening Darter ?

Not sure what he's getting at. From Osceola to Apopka would be a good 45 minute ride each way in good traffic conditions and taking the 429 most of the way. Other routes would be well over an hour. There is plenty of talent a lot closer if that were the route Apopka chose to take. I will say one thing about coach Darlington: he has never gone the recruit or import talent route in his time at Apopka High School. Almost all the impact players over his tenure played football in the local youth system.

Reactions: Dan in Daytona
Not sure what he's getting at. From Osceola to Apopka would be a good 45 minute ride each way in good traffic conditions and taking the 429 most of the way. Other routes would be well over an hour. There is plenty of talent a lot closer if that were the route Apopka chose to take. I will say one thing about coach Darlington: he has never gone the recruit or import talent route in his time at Apopka High School. Almost all the impact players over his tenure played football in the local youth system.
Not sure either, but "Stargell's World" is at the bottom of his avatar. Ole "Willie" and his boys caused alot of light hearted hijinx on this site for many years. Could be just an aberration, or maybe it's a signal introduing the return of the morphs :)

Reactions: DarterBlue2

A Kid from Osceola going to APK, or a kid going from Apk to Osceola is crazy! That is way too far of a commute, but here is a rumor that both coaches was seen on a public bus system discussing how to coach a game without throwing a pass.

Reactions: DarterBlue2
A Kid from Osceola going to APK, or a kid going from Apk to Osceola is crazy! That is way too far of a commute, but here is a rumor that both coaches was seen on a public bus system discussing how to coach a game without throwing a pass.

There's a Darlington listed as a receiver. They will throw to ball to him.

1. Cocoa
2. Jones
3. Mainland
4. Dr Phillips
5. Apopka

Osceola
Seminole
Orange City U
Bishop Moore
Winter Park
Spruce Creek
Olympia
Wekiva
Cocoa on top? My homeboys running the game

too many hijacked threads on this board... in reality its only funny to a few people

A few of those cats are movers and shakers in HS football in Fl though. Stress relief no doubt from an incresingly stressful job.

A little humor is important during the times in which we live. Cost of doing biz on this board.

Cocoa on top? My homeboys running the game
Cocoa looks like Cocoa again this year. Talented Running Backs, Decent size O-Line, and fast. QB looked good on the timing plays throwing the ball but needs work on the long pass. Defense is full of talent, quick to the ball and smothering. 2 things Cocoa needs to improve on is pass protection and corners letting their receivers get past them. Booker T will play on that again this year so Cocoa needs to get it fixed or the semi-final at Trez Powell is gonna be an air show for the Tornadoes.

Reactions: Mr-Robinson
Cocoa looks like Cocoa again this year. Talented Running Backs, Decent size O-Line, and fast. QB looked good on the timing plays throwing the ball but needs work on the long pass. Defense is full of talent, quick to the ball and smothering. 2 things Cocoa needs to improve on is pass protection and corners letting their receivers get past them. Booker T will play on that again this year so Cocoa needs to get it fixed or the semi-final at Trez Powell is gonna be an air show for the Tornadoes.
Will Cocoa beat Booker T?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT