ADVERTISEMENT

Canes hire new coach

As far as Manatee goes, they will either win or come in 2nd in the district. It will be out of them and Riverview. They are going to destroy Southeast this year. Southeast is too small in the trenches.

They DO NOT play SE this year. Which is like Sarasota and Riverview not playing or North Ft Myers and Ft myers not playinig... anyways its a travesty and BOTH sides can be blamed for this travesty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

With the new playoff format where you get rewarded for playing playoff teams why HWY would you say that? Both teams would receive 3 additional points that may be the difference at the end of the year. Oh wait, I forgot your school broke the rivalry between Palmetto and Hardee bc you got whipped. But when Hardee was beating Palmetto it was "ok" wasnt it? That must be the motto out in "them parts". In sota we add competition Venice has Camden Co and Charlotte/Manatee/ and IMG and Riverview picked up Venice to help their weak district slate in case they dont win the district. Ive followed HS ball for many decades and I remember reading a long the way about that rivalry with YOUR school and that last time they whipped yall you wouldnt renew the contract. Cant deny it I know the HC's brother (who lives down here).

So i DO BLAME SE and Manatee for not making that game happen. Its a joke. Talent comes and goes but the rivalry should last forever. I promise you View and Sota will continue to play

With the new playoff format where you get rewarded for playing playoff teams why HWY would you say that? Both teams would receive 3 additional points that may be the difference at the end of the year. Oh wait, I forgot your school broke the rivalry between Palmetto and Hardee bc you got whipped. But when Hardee was beating Palmetto it was "ok" wasnt it? That must be the motto out in "them parts". In sota we add competition Venice has Camden Co and Charlotte/Manatee/ and IMG and Riverview picked up Venice to help their weak district slate in case they dont win the district. Ive followed HS ball for many decades and I remember reading a long the way about that rivalry with YOUR school and that last time they whipped yall you wouldnt renew the contract. Cant deny it I know the HC's brother (who lives down here).

A win, even if its over a bad team, is still worth more points than a loss. My question is, what good does it do SE (a 5a school) to play against Manatee (an 8a school) they have little chance of beating? IMO, go play another really good 5a school.

BTW, Palmetto broke the rivalry after 2004. Our two schools didn't play from 2005-2008. In 2009 Palmetto was moved back into the district and in 2013 Palmetto moved up to class 7a.

and the new coach wanted to continue the rivalry since it dated why back from its original game. You get points 5A-8A so since you have a good team in your area and the gate is beneficial you play

and the new coach wanted to continue the rivalry since it dated why back from its original game. You get points 5A-8A so since you have a good team in your area and the gate is beneficial you play

Just my point of view; SE is working hard to get their program back and I believe they will soon. But getting beat every year by Manatee isn't the way to do it. Go schedule another quality 5a team.

BTW, some fans want to see Palmetto back on the schedule. Whether it happens or not, IDK. The Hardee-Palmetto rivalry only goes back to 1975. Hardee vs DeSoto and Hardee vs Fort Meade, those games go back to the 1920's.

Reactions: CoachMacho
Hwy17.......it's Manatee who has decided not to play Southeast! Southeast needs the gate money so it wasn't them!

Hwy17.......it's Manatee who has decided not to play Southeast! Southeast needs the gate money so it wasn't them!

Either way, I've been telling the SE fans that they should consider playing somebody else for some time now.

As far as Manatee goes, they will either win or come in 2nd in the district. It will be out of them and Riverview. They are going to destroy Southeast this year. Southeast is too small in the trenches. They will make playoffs but I can see them losing to Riverview, Venice, Braden River, Lakeland, and possbily Palmetto. I think keeping the staff makes it easy for the first year so he doesn't have to search. The staff and players have to buy in to what he is trying to do.

Which side of the trenches are you referring to? We have plenty of adequate size on the O-line. We're going to use our biggest O-line kid on DL this year, who truthfully is a Division-1 DL recruit at 6'4" 272.

We're not small on the DL at all. We're probably bigger than we were last year, when we started a 5'11" 175lb kid at DE. It's our LB core that is on the small side. The only one who's near 6'0" is a basketball player who's never played LB before. None of this will be an issue. We didn't have trouble stopping the run last year and this year we'll find a way as well.

As far as Manatee destroying us, they'd have to keep us out of the endzone.

That is surprising that they don't play but I understand. I just figured rivalries would always play like Booker (5A) and Riverview (8A). Riverview and Booker will always play not matter size or talent. As far as southeast goes, I'm looking foward to them playing Cardinal Mooney again.

Which side of the trenches are you referring to? We have plenty of adequate size on the O-line. We're going to use our biggest O-line kid on DL this year, who truthfully is a Division-1 DL recruit at 6'4" 272.

We're not small on the DL at all. We're probably bigger than we were last year, when we started a 5'11" 175lb kid at DE. It's our LB core that is on the small side. The only one who's near 6'0" is a basketball player who's never played LB before. None of this will be an issue. We didn't have trouble stopping the run last year and this year we'll find a way as well.

As far as Manatee destroying us, they'd have to keep us out of the endzone.

I think you guys are going to be solid this year, probably district champs, but the difference between Southeast and Manatee is in the offensive line and defensive line. Southeast usually can match skill positions.

I think you guys are going to be solid this year, probably district champs, but the difference between Southeast and Manatee is in the offensive line and defensive line. Southeast usually can match skill positions.

I'm not sure how good we'll be on D yet. Offense looks to be much improved with our QB now having a year under his belt... but losing Dequan Williams (as well as 2 other "All Area" players) on defense is a huge blow. Just gotta coach'em up! I look forward to the challenge.
The kids seem to finally have bought in though. That in itself should be worth a couple wins.

Didnt yall give up 30+ to North Port... and ok you scored on NP everyone does- SE is not that good- one and done playoff run in a weak district... and SE and Cardinal Mooney playing is a disgrace to a once storied program that used to battle with the tough Riverview and Sarasota teams in the 90s! - it will be the most deceiving 8-2 record in the state.. that schedule is HORRIBLE

Didnt yall give up 30+ to North Port... and ok you scored on NP everyone does- SE is not that good- one and done playoff run in a weak district... and SE and Cardinal Mooney playing is a disgrace to a once storied program that used to battle with the tough Riverview and Sarasota teams in the 90s! - it will be the most deceiving 8-2 record in the state.. that schedule is HORRIBLE

Relax. We gave up 21 to North Port. The rest of the points were scored on our 3rd stringers while NP left their starters in.

And nobody said we were good. I'll be the first to tell you that we're not. (yet)
I literally just said I'm not sure how good we'll be on D.
LOL @ referencing a meaningless spring game though.

Last edited:
I see a few pics circulating of the new MHS coach with the Broncos staff. Isnt that SE's sort of feeder deal? If I was Coach West i would address that immediately!

I see a few pics circulating of the new MHS coach with the Broncos staff. Isnt that SE's sort of feeder deal? If I was Coach West i would address that immediately!

Address it how?

You mean like having our annual Orange-And-Blue game at the 13th Avenue Dream Center and inviting the whole community to come out?

Or allowing the local programs to use our field and locker rooms during their Saturday games?

Or how about just being a former State Champion who played at Southeast and grew up in the neighborhood?

I'm sure pics on social media trump all of those things though.
How will West ever top that?!

Reactions: jgking83
you have a new coach at your arch rival and he is making quick friends with your feeder program. Before you know it the NMB will be at MHS using their facilities and embracing them.

Dat View is bout dem ladies folk in da moorning on da TV. I guest an da SS is da Sarasoda Sailers.?

With the new transfer rule going into effect in July you are going to see a lot of kids changing scenery. Manatee has already seen it happening with several new tranfers coming in since spring. Kids are very excited at Manatee and that translate in to kids recruiting kids today. The landscape of high school football is changing. The rich will get richer!!

Reactions: Dan in Daytona
With the new transfer rule going into effect in July you are going to see a lot of kids changing scenery. Manatee has already seen it happening with several new tranfers coming in since spring. Kids are very excited at Manatee and that translate in to kids recruiting kids today. The landscape of high school football is changing. The rich will get richer!!

I have a feeling that this is going to get out of hand in the near future.

Carlos give it rest, maybe you should be more concerned with how, so much STA talent, was so irresponsibly coached:cool:

Go Canes Go!

Carlos give it rest, maybe you should be more concerned with how, so much STA talent, was so irresponsibly coached:cool:

Go Canes Go!

You're right.

I mean 3 championships in the last 4 years, 4 in the last 6, 5 in the last 8 and 7 in the last 11 is a disgrace.

We'd be killing if we had Yusuf Shakir on board.

Nu'Trelle just want to know one thing. What the hell is "vitriolic"? And can you take sumpthin to get rid of it?

Carlos must be mighty upset to not write down stats on a clipboard for a coach this weekend. Or did he get promoted to be the get back.

Carlos must be mighty upset to not write down stats on a clipboard for a coach this weekend. Or did he get promoted to be the get back.

You're one of the goofballs who demanded X's and O's to explain why I thought he was a terrible coach.

Just another in a long line of position coach flunkies who don't understand the skill set required to be a good head coach.

You still never explained why he was a terrible coach. You just said he was, I never disputed he was just that you never explained why he was. Still waiting for a response that makes sense. I was playing devils advocate because I don’t care if he is or isn’t. I do however know a decent amount about HS football and coaching it and enjoy bantering with idiot hanger ons who think they know about football because they attach themselves to a program that if well coached should never lose. Even when they are the worst they have been in 15 years.

You still never explained why he was a terrible coach. You just said he was, I never disputed he was just that you never explained why he was. Still waiting for a response that makes sense. I was playing devils advocate because I don’t care if he is or isn’t. I do however know a decent amount about HS football and coaching it and enjoy bantering with idiot hanger ons who think they know about football because they attach themselves to a program that if well coached should never lose. Even when they are the worst they have been in 15 years.

One thing Los never does

Gives details

Just broad and meaningless statements

So you just reiterated what I just mocked you for.

I couldn't even make this up.

The same X's and O's goofball who doesn't understand what a head coach does.

You just said he was, I never disputed he was just that you never explained why he was.

I did explain.

In fact I went into detail about his resume and explained what those details say about his ability to be a head coach.

You're just a position coach flunky who doesn't get it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT