ADVERTISEMENT

Can a man...

That's awesome, Roadkillav8r! I was just bustin' funny because two of the top three threads were Niceville-centered, that's all. This place is kind of dead for a Friday in the fall, isn't it?

They still flying aerial gunnery there at Eglin on B-17s? Seen Jimmy Doolittle around lately? Think they flew south to Page Field in Ft Myers, then skipped across the Gulf to Texas then back to N Florida to practice flying under radar for that Tokyo raid.

Last edited:
I used to work in a building that had been Doolittle's BOQ room. There was a plaque over the latrine that said so. It was on the national register of historic places. Bldg 200

Reactions: Silver King
Road, very historic place, had a Bro-in-Law work there in the 70s. One of my sons close friends, an Afghanistan Vet is stationed up there and is a big Niceville Fan now, he was at homecoming last night at the blow out. He always says it's the closet high school experience he can get up that way that reminds him of games at the Fish Bowl in Punta Gorda.

It's always a good experience up here and it was a good crowd last night. We were wondering if Bassfield had ever been to a game like that. I guess I need to go to the Fish Bowl sometime but I never get down that direction. The Marine Corps made a mistake and accidently sent me here 19 years ago, my wife never left.

Thanks for your service and sacrifice, Semer Fi. The kid I know had a specialty that was needed and they attached him to Special Forces his last tour, they were closing down outlying fire bases. Think he's rotating back after the first of the year. If you ever find your way down in these parts I'll hook you up. He just loves Niceville, even went by himself last night.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT