ADVERTISEMENT

BR arrest

Interesting that back in September he was a good samaritan. Only goes to show that the human condition is way more complex than most acknowledge. Anyway, if found guilty, I hope he is given a chance (and takes advantage of it), to straighten out his life. Selling drugs is clearly wrong. However, he is young and if this is his first offense, it should not determine his destiny.

I'm curious to about something: A friend of mine youngest kid is a student a BR, their oldest graduated from LWR in last year. Their family moved over to the BR zone a couple years ago because they felt it is a better school and where they wanted both to go, but since the oldest was in 11th grade and didn't want to change schools, they let that child finish at LWR. My friend told me that LWR has gone to crap, that drugs are rampant there, that several teachers have been fired from there due to misconduct and that no parent whats their kid to go there. I was shocked to hear this as I always thought of LWR as an upper class area of Manatee county. Is there truth to this? And is it spilling next door to BR?

HWY17 I would not doubt it. Once a schools gets surrounded by more and more housing and industries, boom the more drugs come flourishing in. That crap is everywhere and its a problem everywhere.

HWY, LWR is east of 75, not a lot of industry, so it doesn't exactly fit the picture of urban decay. That sounds like justification because someone was bent out of shape and wanted to move - you can always find a reason. Yes, there was a LWR teacher busted for meth a few years ago that made a lot of news, think she lived in Hardee County because Hardee PD did the search of her house that turned up meth.

Bad stuff will happen anywhere, particularly if you're pressing the margins. BR's old HC is serving a 10 year sentence for DUI vehicular manslaughter that killed a fellow coach and his best friend.

HWF, welcome back, again. Yeah it happens everywhere a few years ago in your neck of the woods at Hardee Junior High where they caught a teacher with pot at school. Dumbasses abound in society, they are individuals and the bad is on them, not the institution.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT