ADVERTISEMENT

Bosco may play Vero Beach in Fla

Probably so, but Vero is a solid public high school. Not many transfers, so they play with what they got. The talent level fluctuates accordingly.

Dan, BIG school with talent.. Bosco ,since 2011 and with talent in No Jersey spread to some other schools like Paramus Cath, De Paul, St Peters Prep,St Joes and Bergen Catholic may no longer be so dominant. They still however have Toal and can be a very nasty bunch who hit hard and play full tilt most of every game.. At West Point ,they put a beating on STA..

I've been out of the loop with the holidays the last couple months and I live in CO now, I'll ask some people back home if they have heard of anything. And yes Vero is all homegrown. Everyonce in a while we might get a transfer from Sebastian but that's about it. We did loose our Qb to what it looks like will be Kansas.Carter Stanley had awesome numbers last year 3070 yards, 48 TDs, 7 interceptions and also added almost 600 rushing yards and another 7 TDs on the ground. (He somehow only got honorable mention for the 8A all state team) which he was a huge part obviously of the offense we will get 8A 1st team stud WR back AJ McGriff who had 110 catches for 1545 yards and 22 TDs (only 3rd player in FL HD football history it was reported with 100+ catches) once I find out more I'll let you guys know!

Bosco will play Vero Beach in Florida. Boscos 'first game followed by St Joes of Phila, Moller hs in Ohio and then Archbishop Rummel of NO.

Drummer just curious, you're from Bergen area right? My father passed away a couple years ago but he's from Bergenfield and went to BHS and played Qb for them in the late 50s and early 60s and used to tell me his old hs football stories, like how he played against Bill Parcels as a kid, some really good stories. Just wondering how they are as a team, he was always proud to have played there.

Trelle, yes, from Ramsey ,but moved here 20 years ago. When your Dad played at BHS it was a tough group and played hard nosed, fancy free football. Bill Parcells played at River Dell and both Bosco and BHS scrimmaged RD..Bosco beat RD in scrimmages but I don't recall if BHS did?? I'am sorry about your Dad. Did he ever mention Howie Lusby from Dumont HS?? great TAILBACK there who became a bad drunk and killed his little son rather than lose him in a divorce.. Still in prison or dead.. Today BHS is not much as things have changed. Correction, Trelle BHS may have been in the same league back then as RD ??? PS Parcells was a great pitcher too. In football ??? Just big..
This post was edited on 1/20 8:39 AM by Drummer61

Alright I know where Ramsey is I got family up in the Upper Saddle River and Westwood areas, (Colontrelle and Aversa). My cousin Robby Colontrelle played for Bergen Catholic back in the early 90s was DE, good enough for a small college scholarship. Can't say I ever heard of that RB ya mentioned. Small world though that's for sure!That stinks about BHS but that's how football works especially in those types of areas.

This post was edited on 1/20 12:32 PM by Trelle

Trelle, in conclusion and fact is that when your Dad played at BHS there were some powerful teams in Bergen county.., i.e in 1960,Ridgewood,St Cecilia, Pascack Valley were undefeated.. Bergenfield Dumont, Teaneck, Hackensack and Englewood were also good..
Today, those teams, no good,, Now it's Bosco, BC, PC, St Joes and St Peters Prep.. Even De Paul is making strides.. Good talking to you.

They are not playing at all Drummer.

Bosco has moved their Thanksgiving game with St Joes to the week they were going to play Vero.

Plus the A.D at Bosco said the money didn't match up with either team, so regardless, I think the game was a no go.

Why don't you come to the national board Drum?

nole, NOPE...your one of the guys I miss reading.. Doing other things and don't blog that much, once in a while.. You may be right on all points but I always enjoy your posts. I will watch Bosco but with the parity in No Jersey and all those teams are getting very good.. Kids are picking their schools like we go out and pick a car. .Some of thrill is gone and these kids are getting a little selfish and their parents are worse.. Happy New Year and I wish you the best..

nole, Bosco replaced Vero with Bishop Gorman.. Passaic Tech and DePaul may be the only pussies they play.. Much better schedule than STA.....

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT