ADVERTISEMENT

Blue 2 Dedications:

Re: SAD NEWS: RIP BLUE

Blue2 was a good man, father, friend and football fan...

He was a huge supporter of youth football in Tampa for many years, the Jefferson Dragons and Florida Atlantic Univetrsity...

He will be missed greatly by all who knew him...

God Bless you and your family Blue...

Re: Blue 2 Dedications:

I had it started on another thread, but this was one of the first so I will use this one. Keep the thoughts coming towards Blue, and his family. At the end of the week I will make a post card with all the thoughts that will be given to the family.

My heart is sadden today......My prayers and thoughts go out to Blue's family.....I was not fortunate enough to meet Blue face to face. I will miss his posts and his football wisdom he brought to this board. You will be dearly missed Blue2.........

i was lucky enough to meet blue in ruskin and loved talking to him. he seemed to be in a way the father of the board. i would love to read the tampa article if someone could link it. sure sounds like he was an amazing man and community servant. he always seemed so positive.

R.I.P. Blue2 from Lake Gibson, you will be missed!!! And God be with the family!!

Re: got the call

Silver King : Appreciate your kind words. I am bringing some food over there and will let them know how everybody on the board feels.Thanks.

Prayers for the family

Buddy's presence on these boards will be missed, but even more so to the youth that he helped over the years.

Below is a link to the Tampa Tribune article that was referenced above.

Buddy Rogers

Had the priviledge to meet Blue2 once at the Countryside/Armwood playoff game a few years ago when AHS fan said he coach there's Blue2 from the message board. Even though it was only once, he always had my respect, and his presence in football was felt at all levels from the lowest youth leagues all the way through big time HS ball at Jefferson and even college with his son at FAU. He seemed to be one of those guys that knew everyone and also someone who everyone knew of. A great loss to the football community as a whole, my kindest regards to the family and loved ones he left behind. Take this opportunity for all the rest of us to hug and kiss our loved ones and rally those around us and those that we lead to remind them that life is short and to make the most of everday. "Tomorrow is never guaranteed." RIP Blue2

I haven't posted much this year this board, but this is this first place I met Buddy. I always enjoyed his posts and never found myself offended or upset at his comments. We would banter with each other but in a very civil way.

When I met Buddy in person it was not as foe's but allies as both our son's ended up at the same University. To talk to him on the boards was interesting to say the least but to know him in person was incredible. What an inspiration he has been to so many, especially the players that spans most of his life.He touched so many hearts with his wit and knowledge of the game and was always the even tempered communicator, defusing the most heated of topics with logic and understanding.

I know the Tampa area has lost a very special person and he will be missed by all. Buddy, You will be missed but never forgotten and I feel very fortunate to have had the opportunity to get to know you. Iwill miss the e-mails the chats and that always smiling face. With a very heavy heart my prayers to your family and may you rest in peace my friend.

The Players, Coach's, Parents and Fans at FAU also lost an incrediable Friend. On the Message board that he created where Buddy known as O.G. Owl, was instrumental in building the foundation for the fans and oponents to express there thoughts. He used the same carisma on that board as he did on this board which brought so many people together see the another side of football. I would also like to share a post that Coach Schnellenberger posted on the FAU board.

"Author Topic: The Passing of Kamp Rogers (Read 127 times)
schnellenberger
Hatchling

The Passing of Kamp Rogers
« Thread Started on Today at 12:24pm »

Dear Owl Fans,
Saturday evening following our game with South Carolina, I was given the terrible news of Kamp Rogers’ passing. He lost his 32-year battle of lung disease Saturday, but will continue to be an inspiration to all of us as we strive to make a difference at FAU and make a difference in the lives of each student we touch.

The sport of football is a hard fought battle that takes place between the lines for just sixty minutes, but it can be so much more as Kamp understood.

He had fought the bigger fights for more than 30 years. He had coached youth football for 30 years in the Tampa Bay area, using the sport to make a difference in young children’s lives, touching more than he could ever know. He and his wife Anita teamed together for nearly 30 years and raised three children, one being Cameron, that we here at FAU had the good fortune to also coach from 2001-2004.

Cameron, a founding player with our program, was cheered on at practice and at games by his father. But, it was more than just Cameron that Kamp inspired. We currently have several players from the Tampa area that Kamp mentored and encouraged. For that we are thankful.

Kamp also meant so much to you as evident by the message board. We as coaches seldom take part in fan conversation but we have enjoyed the banter between each of you made possible by Kamp’s passion and dedication to making the message board a place of information, a place to voice you opinion but most importantly Kamp kept the conversation upbeat and professional.

Kamp, thank you for all you have done and we will certainly miss you.

Thank you for allowing me this voice and on the behalf of Beverlee and I as well as the entire football staff, our deepest sympathy is extend to Kamp’s family and friends.

Sincerely,
Howard Schnellenberger"

Blue you were one of the very few here I truely respected, my prayers are with and for you and yours.

All my best,

Lone Wolf

P.S. This STAYS on the top of this board till I retire from the net...
This post was edited on 4/25 1:02 PM by Clutch72

Fellas you guys need to think about Blue on this one!

I havent posted in a long long time. As I have travelled to Coach on the "Wrong Coast" I would always read the boards and enjoyed Blues comments. I have never met him, but recieved some kind words from him when I first left Floirda and thru the years. No w That I am back in the south working at a Div 1 school I am stunned and sad to read this. My prayers go out to Blue and his family. God Bless You Blue!

Man I miss Buddy. Still think of him often. Wish he could have seen the Progress were making in the football program at Carrollwood Day. Really could have used his advice but in my memory of him he is still giving advice. I know he would have been proud.

Remembering with a fond heart, the one and only Buddy "Blue2" Rogers who left us much too soon exactly 10 years ago today. R.I.P. Blue2.

Remembering with a fond heart, the one and only Buddy "Blue2" Rogers who left us much too soon exactly 10 years ago today. R.I.P. Blue2.

Good gosh. It is hard to believe ten years have passed. As we age, time takes on new meaning.

Hope that memories of Blue2 still fill the hearts and minds of those that knew, loved and respected him.

I didn't even realize it was 10 years either and Buddy is still someone I think about and I only knew him for a short time. Its weird that I was thinking about a conversation we had on Friday... and I even looked on this post but didn't realize that Friday was the 10 year anniversary of the passing of our ole Buddy.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT