ADVERTISEMENT

Big Ten decision on fall sports

Neutral 0bserver

Sep 6, 2002
"... the Big Ten Conference announced today that if the Conference is able to participate in fall sports (men’s and women’s cross country, field hockey, football, men’s and women’s soccer, and women’s volleyball) based on medical advice, it will move to Conference-only schedules in those sports."

Thus, Ohio State's first three non-conference games (against Bowling Green, Oregon, and Buffalo) have been cancelled.

I'm really expecting there to be a complete cancellation of all fall sports eventually. Lack of real clarity on the do's and don'ts from the medical community, with the added attempts to politicize the virus in some circles, has basically left me with just feeling like the Damn election cant happen soon enough so we can get on with the business of living.

The latest from the FHSAA is that it will basically punt on sanctioning fall sports, and leave competitive sports up to the individual districts. I don't see how any local government is going to give its blessing to anything, with all the uncertainty in the medical community......leaving the only safe answer in my mind to be no fall sports this year. I believe there is a scheduled meeting on the 20th for the FHSAA to make some definitive decisions on what to expect heading into the fall.......ultimately as I indicated earlier I anticipate them to either cancel or further delay fall sports.......

We live in a litigious society. Personal injury attorneys are billionaires who laugh all the way to the bank 8 days a week.

According to Nu'Trelle's betting sheet, the odds of seeing NCAA football in 2020 are somewhere between slim and none ... and as the old expression goes, "Slim's in Albuquerque."

The last thing we need on college campuses are crazed mobs carrying BLM signs, rioters burning buildings, dorms, arenas and field houses to the ground, and left wing radicals beating the hell outta campus police and crying out, 'Defund Higher Education Now!"

We live in a litigious society. Personal injury attorneys are billionaires who laugh all the way to the bank 8 days a week.

According to Nu'Trelle's betting sheet, the odds of seeing NCAA football in 2020 are somewhere between slim and none ... and as the old expression goes, "Slim's in Albuquerque."

The last thing we need on college campuses are crazed mobs carrying BLM signs, rioters burning buildings, dorms, arenas and field houses to the ground, and left wing radicals beating the hell outta campus police and crying out, 'Defund Higher Education Now!"

Your okay and fine if your protests so just play sports in protests!! That is pretty much what the left and media are saying. They are saying the virus doesn't like protests!! They are I.D.1.0.T.S.!!! But if you look at all the TRUE numbers now coming out, that idiot up in NY just might be wearing an orange jump suit in a few years. More people died in Nursing Homes in New York after Cuomo ordered all those positive cases into the nursing homes than all of Florida positives!!

This is about exposing the evil that is here and I can promise you whenever the world finally sees what they have been doing to the children, there will be no left or right!!

The Big Ten has released a 71 game "Conference games only" schedule. They've incorporated a lot of flexibility in the schedule in order to adjust for things such as pushing back the start of the season 1, 2, or 3 weeks, using bye weeks, etc.

BTW the Conference's marquee game - Ohio State vs. Michigan - is set for October 24th. That's roughly 5 weeks ahead of it's normally scheduled date, the Saturday after Thanksgiving.

There's a number of issue related to the Chinese virus, that leads me to believe there's more politics involved than the actual science in as far as dealing with the virus. Having said that, I just don't see how sports at any level collegiately (sp?) or at the pro level can be played with the prevailing mindset of the medical community currently.

Only one thing is dead certain about Co-Vid 19 and sports participation (at any level):

1. If games are played, Democrats and the media will blame Donald Trump for allowing it to take place.
2. If no games are played, Democrats and the media will blame Trump for shutting down competition.
3. If Trump points out that he played no part in any decision, Democrats/leftists will blame him for inadequate leadership.

It will have to be one of the 3. That's how things work in 2020 when Marxists are more commonly referred to as "BLM activists" and rioters are referenced as "peaceful protesters".

Here's how the Liberal Left works ... and remember, none of this can happen without the tacit approval of the mainstream media.

While driving, you come to a complete stop at a 4 way intersection.
If you proceed straight, you will be cited.
If you turn left, you will be cited.
If you turn right, you will be cited.
If you decide to lock your car, take the key and walk away, that makes you a racist.

So they tow your car. You lose your driver's license. You now have to ride a bicycle.

After the police are disbanded, one day you are struck and killed on your bicycle by a paroled felon who was doing 130 mph in a school zone in a stolen car after shooting and killing a store clerk and a family of 11 at a Dollar General.

10 years later the guy who killed you is finally put on trial. His public defender argues that his client was distraught while driving under the influence of narcotics on the day of the robbery, first accidentally shooting 6 people, reloading, then accidentally shooting the other 6. Plus he claimed the guy was stressed out by the fact that he would not be able to have his voting rights restored until such time that he managed to repay $2.6 million in restitution.

Jury convicts the guy due to the fact that they considered 130 mph in a school zone "excessive", but the ACLU got that conviction overturned by proving that profiling occurred and that no one had a legitimate right to calculate the speed of a stolen car just because people accused the guy of murdering "a few people".

When the news anchors wrap-up the story at 6 pm:

Anchor #1: "I remember covering the original story 10 years ago."
Co-anchor: "No kidding?"

Anchor #1:
"It all started when the guy left his car at an intersection and walked away."
Co-anchor: "The whole story seems really sad, doesn't it?"

Anchor #1:
"Not really, turns out the guy on the bike was a radical white supremacist."
Co-anchor: "Did LeBron James have any comment on things?"

Anchor #1:
"I believe he said the only good white oppressor is a dead one."
Co-anchor: "Did LeBron mention anything about the dead Black folk at Dollar General?"

Anchor #1:
"Collateral damage. Brave people who were killed for a higher cause."
Co-anchor: "Well that's it for us. See you at 11 when we'll update today's body count."

I wish I had the ability to bring life to a imaginary story......(not to undercut the story's meaning) through the written word like you can!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT