ADVERTISEMENT

Best Thing FHSAA has done

gatorman-uf

Jul 28, 2006
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/spor...tling-state-duals-preview-20180117-story.html

I love this. I think the FHSAA should have done this years ago and would love to see them find ways to do this in Track, Weightlifting, and Swimming and Diving.

Basically, this encourages schools and coaches to not just focus on the good talent to make it great, but focus on every weight class. It makes coaches go out and recruit each weight class and have depth in each class.

I absolutely love that the FHSAA is doing this. On the other hand, most of us already know that South Dade and Brandon will probably win anyway to 2 of the 3 classes already.
-----

One change I think that should be made is that individual state titles should be statewide. Break the 400 wrestling school in the state into 32 sections regardless of size of school. Top 4 wrestlers in each weight class move on. Do this several times, until we are left with 32 wrestlers at each weight class.
-----
I would love to see them do this for weightlifting and track and field. Weightlifting would be easier obviously, but one of the things I am struck by is how few dual meets there are in track and field. Every meet is an Open or Invitational Meet on a Friday/Saturday which doesn't encourage the average student to participate.

Again I would do it just like the wrestling, districts for dual meets. Sectionals for individual times.

Reactions: DeSoto Poolboy
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT