ADVERTISEMENT

Army wins yet again

Neutral 0bserver

Sep 6, 2002
Army 42-35 over San Diego State in Armed Forces Bowl, by far the best bowl game thus far.

Proves once again you dom't need to recruit thugs in order to play major college football.

Best interview of the season? ESPN reporter speaking with the Mother of QB Ahmad Bradshaw who grew up on the South side of Chicago:

Reporter: "How did you know Ahmad would be able to handle the discipline you wanted to instill?"

Ahmad's Mom: "He didn't have any other choice."

God bless every single mother who manages to get her son (or daughter) safely out of a ghetto.

Reactions: anon_00zx5879k0jmw
First time Army has won 10 games since the magical 1996 with QB Ronnie McAda (later drafted as last pick in 1997 draft for the Green Bay Packers). I was still in middle school and loved that team. The only losses were to a Donovan McNabb led Syracuse team and Auburn (fg kick to tie missed).

Jeff Monken will get a bigger job soon enough once teams realize not everyone has to be a spread team. Georgia Tech competes quiet well in the ACC with the "gimmick" offense.

It was a great game and, miraculously, Army won the Commander's Cup. I don't remember the last time that happens.

I only hope Air Force will make a come back soon, also!

He was a little before my time but I’m sure Dan from Daytona remembers him.

Last edited:
Reactions: Silver King
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT